Scarsick

Domine

I must say the new PoS album is really, really great! As always with a PoS album it needs some time to be digested but once it does it's such a great piece of work. The only songs I still have a really hard time with is "America" since I pretty much hate the chorus of it but that might change after a few more spins.

Stand out tracks so far (although, except for "America", all tracks are really great) are "Cribcaged", "Disco Queen" and "Kingdom of loss".

I never really got into "Be" as a whole although I really love some of the songs on it, but "Scarsick" might turn out to be a true masterpiece in my humble opinion.

Go buy!

America is one of the greater sarcastic gildenlöw pieces. the first time i heard it i just had to laugh out loud as the chorus reminded me off "Id like to live in america, so good to live in america" ^^ the sad thing about the whole record is that it isnt that emotional as I expected The Perfect Element pt2 to be. It has some good and very interesting tracks on it, but it isnt a masterpiece.
and I dont like gildenlöws song ideas on some few tracks. those things he critizises are all clear to me. I know that 50 cent sucks, I know that capitalism gives power to stupid and unreasonable people, I know that the popculture is a waste of human intelligence so? why do I need a pseudorevolutionary hippie to tell me all that stuff again. I really feel like a moron as he tries to convince the listeners with all those "wake up" or "Ill say no" by giving really no solution.
hitler fucked the jews but no one would write a song containing the line "dont fuck the jews say no" cause everyone knows what happened and noone would fuck the jews
my english is very bad so excuse-moi, Im a bit drunk too hehe

Reactions: *ElfeGirl*
i find "America" to be a bit too obvious... sarcasm is more effective when it's more concealed... which sort've relates to Traum's criticisms of Daniel's lyrics on the album...

I've only heard two other full songs and some brief teasers... so I'll withhold judgement until I get it in a few days. Pain of Salvation used to be one of my favorites, but "Be" massively shook my faith in them. Hoping this is a return to greatness.

I'm trying and trying but I can't get in to this album. Only a few songs really click for me. Especially "Mrs Modern Mother Mary".

I'll keep trying :) Less than a month to the gig in Gothenburg.

I'm really enjoying the cd as well. Cribcaged and Kingdom of Loss are my favorites too, but I also really like Spitfall and Idiocracy a real lot.

It is their simple and surface-meaning-rich album as of yet, and as such will be their most popular for sure. I think it is alright; Flame to the Moth is a good song, the rest weren't so outstanding, though Disco Queen is humorous. The album isn't a wholistic masterpiece like their previous albums, and the composition is more "random," hence boring/of less real quality. I was having high hopes for this album, but was sorely let down. It's still a good album, but compared to Remedy Lane, The Perfect Element I, and BE, it's mediocre.

Daniel sort of took a nap on the lyrics, as well. Nothing new, no new philosophic messages or relevations, nothing truly deep; just a bit of satire here and there, and generally obvious messages. It seems that they may have sold out a bit, to reach towards the more simple crowds to show them the simple philosophic messages that are of no new meaning to most PoS fans.

I am intrigued - what PoS album would you recommend for a first time listener?

I'd definitely recommend "One hour by the concrete lake", simply because that was the first album I heard and I totally fell in love with it. "The perfect element part 1" is also another top notch album. Not only because we are featured in the credits-section... He, he...

Seriously, if you haven't heard them you're in for a treat! Daniel Gildenlöw is probably one of, if not THE most talented singer I've ever heard and he's equally great at writing songs. My only criticism would be that the band very much seems to be Daniels baby so at some times I get the feeling they might as well be called The Gildenlöw Experience or something like that. On the other hand he does an amazing job so why change that concept? :headbang:

Depending on what you like, Remedy Lane may be the easiest for you to digest as a first time listener.

One Hour and TPE are both pretty complex and may turn you off from a great band!

Keep it at, once you start enjoying them it will open up some of the best musical experiences you will ever have!

OK, I have give Scarsick a few spinns now.
My favourites are Cribcaged/Flame Of The Moth and Spitfall.

Don't know how America and Disco Queen fits inot this???
Disco Queens is a funny break compared to the others,but America????
Like.. well I don't know.. repetive STYX on 45.....

NP : e.s.t. - Tuesday Wonderland

For me it's a disc i prefer much more than BE, the songs America and Disco Queen are the least interesting once. Normally i don't play any disco music at home and now my favourite band added a disco song to their album :erk:. The first time i heard it, it was funny now it's getting a bit annoying, but hey it's still PoS playing it, heh. :)

I was lucky to see them live twice this past weekend and surprisingly the biggest party was there when they played Disco Queen, heheh :)
A hell of a gig it was !

for me it's still Entropia ranked as their best album.

Henk

(the best way to end a perfect day is to play Still while driving home from a PoS gig :D )