SD-1 or TS7?

I'd at least try the SD-1. I mentioned as many differences as I could find myself caring about in the FAQ, and the biggest thing that stands out to me is the asymmetrical clipping - the 'effect', as far as I can tell, is that a pedal gives more output and less audible clipping when the only thing changed is the additional diode in one side of the 'clipping stage', so if you don't feel like popping your TS open to shove another diode in it's a good bet. I don't recall how much the 'mid hump' changes, but I want to say that the SD-1 will be bassier... don't quote me on that, though, as I'm not all there in the head right now and I need to play with them some more.

The Boss pedals are also built like tanks, and although I've never had a problem with my TS7s I've heard things about the switch getting bitchy. I'll usually just get a TS and change some things (the op-amp, for noise, and the clipping stage, by adding an extra diode) myself, since they're easier for me to modify cleanly and easily, but if you want something that you'll never have to think about again the SD-1 might suit you better.

I don't want to directly call you an incompetent buffoon, FFF, but I must again repeat redundantly that the TS7 and TS9 are the same circuit - the differences you heard between those two were a result of component variances, not the pedal designs themselves.

Jeff

I like the SD-1 and the Tubescreamer. I am thinking about picking up another SD-1 just so I can have one again. I enjoyed the one I had quite a bit.