Secret cover compilation from fans

Cerulean said:
Eeeeeh, I just discovered my cover is also on the compilation site :ill:
It was never meant to be on the compilation actually... I'm not saying you have to remove it but I feel rather uncomfortable anyway, it's way too amateuristic.

ups

sorry too late :p

i think it's good, this shows that even beginners -as you considered yourself- can cover katatonia songs :headbang:

come on come on bring the covers

good news, cerulean!

im a little worried about this thread, slowed down, even i feel myself a bit less interested. hope someone keeps it alive :) . should we finish it soon or wait?

Haha Right into the Bliss is finished and it's shit, so don't bother. Well it's not really finished cos my girlfriend's vocals were not that good :p and I won't even TRY, so it's just music now (which doesn't sound right either, I have used 3 different tunings cos I never really got what I was looking for but that turned out bad)

Hoi! I registered just for this thread & project here.

I'm interested in recording Stalemate or Deadhouse... have they been covered already to great amounts, or is there still any room for the two songs?

It'll probably take me a few days to learn either of the songs and get it recorded down, but otherwise I shouldn't take that long. Do let me know :)

Mortis said:
Hoi! I registered just for this thread & project here.

I'm interested in recording Stalemate or Deadhouse... have they been covered already to great amounts, or is there still any room for the two songs?

It'll probably take me a few days to learn either of the songs and get it recorded down, but otherwise I shouldn't take that long. Do let me know :)

deadhouse exists already, but go ahead anyway
i guess there is no problem; but if u can do another one , better; of course!

check out this:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/valafar/kfuck/

:headbang: we're glad you're in

by the way some of the links to the songs are broken,
we ask the artists to fix them up...or tell us a new URL to the song...

thanks!

Reactions: Melancholia
phyre said:
OK, so I'm done with my cover. I'm not sure if it's common practice to paste the URL here before Valafar has updated the page, but I'm going to do it anyway ;)

http://nw.ath.cx/~lutz/phyre_-_i_break.mp3 (5.8 Mbytes)

Any comments appreciated. This is the first time I ever record clean vocals for a song, so don't expect too much. Also, the bass & drums are programmed.

great cover phyre...
very good job! :headbang:

it's good to see new ppl coming. i think we should change deadline for 1st disc to the point when a 80 min cd-r fills :)

phyre,
good cover! How did you make it in so little time?! (I wish I could...) What about a next one tonight? :D

phyre,
good cover! How did you make it in so little time?! (I wish I could...) What about a next one tonight? :D
Well, when I posted that I would participate I had actually already done quite a few of the guitar and drum tracks...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the comments. :)

hi people :wave: or should i say Katatonia freaks?? :D

It's ages since i've not been here,but the other day i pass by and came across this cool thread...Today i d/led all the covers and i'd like to make some comments :)

First of all,i find the idea of the compilation quite cool,since i've always found covers very interesting and even more interesting when they come from forum members.... Congratulations to all of you who has contributed to this,I think you've done very good work!!

More specifically:

about ghost of the sun & teargas made by Valafar, me han gustado mucho los dos:).I have to say that inmo they are the most interesting of all,cause he has changed the style of the songs a lot ( & thus they sound more interesting to my blasted ears) and also because i kinda like some "beats" from time to time.... My favourite one is ghost of the sun,which btw brought me Christian Death to my mind (the vocals) :loco: Great job!!

from claret's covers "deadhouse" i had heard last year, but now i've just realized that i don't recall much stuff :rolleyes: The Omerta cover is very nice,wonderfully done.Unicorn i like your voice a lot :)

The_loveless has also done nice job."day" i'd heard in the past. From the 3 covers I've enjoyed most "this punishment", due to the very "deep" vocals... Objectively seen they are not the best though (sorry :( )

Tonight's music from the lull was very cool!!!!! :Spin: a bit more depressing than the original....the absence of intense music makes you somehow "sink" in the song...I enjoyed it a lot...

"one year from now", to be honest,i didn't like....due to the initial evil vocals...they are quite bad in my opinion...i'm sorry :( But still,feel good that you did sth at least :)

The covers from cerulean and Cis i couldn't D/L....

Lastly, Phyre's cover is pleasant...I like "i break" a lot! Good job!!

Okey,i'm shutting up now :) (and look for a thread to express my :hotjump:feelings for Viva emptiness!!)

Keep up the good work,all of you!!!

/Melancholia

Reactions: valafar