Secret cover compilation from fans

salisbury said:
I find Cis' cover ....funny; they covered my favourite song! In a very...monkeyish way I think. Also Unicorn does nice things! Hm, shall I do also a song?

Cis Cover ist soooo geil! ;)

Varg- said:
Since you're recording on your PC I guess you don't dare to sing that loud as you should. That's my tip for next recording, because you DO have a growl. Try to SCREAM the growls more next time, practice on it. Because you allmost whisper the growls here. And I understand if it feels wierd sitting by your PC screaming like hell etc. But It will be great anyway :)
I'm sorry if I'm rough, but I'm just honest and I just want it to be as good as it can be :)

Murder was also nice, especially the guitar along with the sound to the guitar. Nice dist.
Well that's the problem, I CAN'T growl loud, it automatically sounds more like whispering at most times... I once tried the trick with hot milk and honey though and that did work, my throat didn't hurt so quickly and that.

Okay, well I think that's what you have to do anyway... a very nice sollution is to drink loads of whiskey and smoke loads of cigarettes ;)

finally!

http://www.valafar.com.mx/music/l0bster(featuringvalafar)sweetnurse.mp3

my job's firewall sucks
so i just could not upload the song...until now!

see what u think about the vocals
i made them somehow weak and poppish, i guess...
maybe i suck, but i tried hahaha :headbang:

valafar said:
finally!

http://www.valafar.com.mx/music/l0bster(featuringvalafar)sweetnurse.mp3

my job's firewall sucks
so i just could not upload the song...until now!

see what u think about the vocals
i made them somehow weak and poppish, i guess...
maybe i suck, but i tried hahaha :headbang:
You did a great job in the chorus, it's a tough part, you did it pretty natural. Ofcourse there are some notes in the verse and so that aren't hit quite correctly, but the verses have their moments too :]

But, please try to make a file with only the vocals, so that I can import it and put it in the mix, it will sound a lot better. You could PM me the adress or something if you don't want every katatonia fan to hear your attempt in detail :D

hey, guys..

soon i try to find some time to collect and host all songs..
until then: Valafar, I sent you the back cover too, ...? its a (color!) slim cd cover. Also it would be nicer to put up a download link for real printsize ones.. ;)

Im looking forward to Volume 2 as well..

L0bster said:
You did a great job in the chorus, it's a tough part, you did it pretty natural. Ofcourse there are some notes in the verse and so that aren't hit quite correctly, but the verses have their moments too :]

But, please try to make a file with only the vocals, so that I can import it and put it in the mix, it will sound a lot better. You could PM me the adress or something if you don't want every katatonia fan to hear your attempt in detail :D

ok ok !

i will upload the mp3 with the vocals
just hold on 1 or 2 days please! :D

I'm not sure what to do yet... Maybe Rainroom but I saw someone else wanted to do it so I'd rather hear his version instead of mine. Other possibilities are an improved version of Brave, Love of the Swan, Nowhere, At Last, For my Demons or Right into the Bliss... If anyone wants to coöperate by doing the drums or vocals, you're very welcome! Cos I have shit drum software.

hm, it seems we lost some part of the conversation here.. arguing will not be missed, but if any other info is lost -like links, songs, plans of doing a cover, please fill in the gaps.

Is there going to be a volume II of this? I've had alot going on since this was announced and no time to work on a song but it would be nice to participate...by the way on the KFUCK page Ether's link to his cover of wealth doesn't work, hopefully he can correct this?? so who's up for another round?