Sell me on Revalver MK iii..

G1

Dec 8, 2008
Is it really worth all them pennys ?
Im really looking for the next step up from Gearbox and Line 6 stuff.
I dont have the cash for an AxeFX and Amplitube is terrible.
So revlaver was my next and last option.

What do you guys think of it and is it really hard to get to grips with it in order to gain a jaw droppingly good tone.

Pros / Cons ?

Etc etc :)

Any help would be really appreciated.

*covers the shining mac logo on the back of his laptop*

er..... no

haha
yeah im pretty jealous of all the wagner and soloC clips out there for PC based Music makers. It makes my DAW sad.

I did have a glance (fleeting glance) at Waves gtr.
Wasn't that convinced enough to try it though...

Also i've never had the demo (dno if its the same as the beta) crash on me.
It just seems to have alot of bells and whistles that i could go wrong with.

I guess i should state what i want from an amp sim.
I'd like to be able to have a guitar tone that sounds atleast half alive.
As everything within line 6 sounds very.. boxy and suffocated with no warmth to it at all.
Seeing as im producing and writing alot of prog metal (dream theatre style) to modern metal (killswitch, exit ten, sylosis) style stuff i'd probs need something flexable.

Thoughts ?

Sound-wise, Revalver kicks ass, you won't be disappointed! Can't speak for its reliability though, I know tons of happy PC users of it, not sure about Mac...

joeymusic guy gets absolutely stellar tones from Line 6 Pod Farm and there are countless people on this forum getting spectacular tones with Revalver. As for waves gtr, I have no personal experience but you can't ask for a better opinion than Sneap's especially if you want to make Killswitch and Exit Ten style stuff.

Best thing to do would probably be to browse the Rate My Mix section extensively and check out what other users have achieved and with what (and try not to get too depressed by how good some of them are haha)

Lol!
Well I use a Mac and have tried Guitar Rig, Amplitude etc. In my opinion Revalver mkIII wins hands down, it sounds great!
I bought my copy second hand from a Sneap forum member for a really good price too!

i think its alright, although i prefer line 6.

revalver seems way too midrangey and the distortion can sometimes be a little odd I think. that said it can sound really good with a bit of work. im using it while im at uni as it means i dont have to lug my pod around as a dongle.

i think its alright, although i prefer line 6.

revalver seems way too midrangey and the distortion can sometimes be a little odd I think. that said it can sound really good with a bit of work. im using it while im at uni as it means i dont have to lug my pod around as a dongle.

Yeah even with really scooped settings there this weird honk around 900hz, but with revalver tone's I do an obligatory 900hz scoop. ALWAYS, WITHOUT QUESTION.
And then it sounds perfect, so it's koo'.

Another vote for revalver MkIII... I think it's the best amp sim out there.
Still not perfect but I get the most usable tones from it.

But, how come you don't try it for yourself to see if it suits you?? I believe there is a demo in peavey's site?

edit: Just saw that you use a mac... so I don't know if there's actually a demo.