Seriously...Can Katatonia Keep Up The Quality?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I believe Katatonia's one of the greatest band, of ANY genre, out there right now.

I think every album they've put out is better than what 75% of what other music acts put out. And they CONTINUE to put out the good stuff! Hail Katatonia!

Are they going to slip? I mean...ONE album that's...eh???

Nah, I really think Katatonia will keep up their quality. Just the fact that they're taking so long composing the next album is an encouraging sign. And take the transition from the old sound(s) to the new for example. They knew they couldn't come up with anything else worthwhile in the doom/death/black metal style, so they simply changed. If they didn't think they could release any more good material in a given style, I think they'd just come up with something new; or if, God forbid, they thought they couldn't write ANYTHING that was high quality, I think they'd just call it quits. But they don't give any indication of running out of ideas; everything they've put out has been different from the last thing. Not sure why I felt the need to say all this, since I'm sure everyone knows it already. Just a vote of confidence for Katatonia more than anything, I guess.

I sincerely hope that the next album wont be the "decent" or "shitty" one because of this freaking long wait. It wouldn't be that bad if the released the next album which would be brilliant and then after like an year they would release another album and that would be only decent. It isnt impossible that they put out a bad album.

They've seriously gotten better with every album so far, so i'm pretty damn convinced the next one will be killer too.

There will always be the personal preference factor obviously, but I'm confident they can come up with another class album if they set their minds to it, which I believe they are doing right now. This message about not being happy with the material they had when entering the studio and therefore cancelling the studio and deciding to not re-book it until they have the material together is a good sign for me.

Most of my friends don't like the new Katatonia stuff (new I mean the past 2 albums) but I love it.. so I guess it just depends on your taste. I personally adore Discouraged Ones the most but everything they do has that feeling and Anders' twinkly little guitarisms that hooks me.. so they could probably do anything and it would rule.

I'm sure if their (bleak) hearts are into their new songs, the songs cannot go wrong. They only way I could see it going wrong is if they were interested in getting money or getting more chicks, and from what we can see, they make music from their souls.
As long as they do that, their music will be amazing no matter what.

Most of my friends don't like the new Katatonia stuff (new I mean the past 2 albums) but I love it.. so I guess it just depends on your taste. I personally adore Discouraged Ones the most but everything they do has that feeling and Anders' twinkly little guitarisms that hooks me.. so they could probably do anything and it would rule.

That's true. Nothing left to say...:headbang:

If they are going to release something that would be better than The Great Cold Distance, they are going to be #1 on my list of modern metal.