Katatonia Split Up

Dispossession

gg allin
Apr 18, 2003
Lublin, Poland
Well, ahem... I just got the news from I-WOOD Festival guy (Germany) where Katatonia was supposed to be a headliner in a couple of days. They said they got a message from the band management that Katatonia is not playing because they've split up just recently.

True or not, I hope it's just some temporary misunderstanding within the band.

HELL NO! No, you cant be telling me this! Come on, after they put out what is definately the best album of the year they split up!? Those guys are my favorite band and if they split up I will be majorly pissed. I mean I am sure they have their reasons and all, but they are the best band of their kind. I hope so very much this isnt true.

Twilight_Eternal said:
HELL NO! No, you cant be telling me this! Come on, after they put out what is definately the best album of the year they split up!? Those guys are my favorite band and if they split up I will be majorly pissed. I mean I am sure they have their reasons and all, but they are the best band of their kind. I hope so very much this isnt true.

perhaps they just couldnt live with themselves for destroying their originality and trying to be commercial by nu-ing up their music.

Hopefully if this is the case then Jonas will do a solo project with more of the singer/songwritery stuff he likes like jeff buckley/will oldham/nick drake etc. but still really depressed and desolate.

maybe him and anders could continue and sod the rest of the band.

I hope the band dont split up, but if its true then i'd like em to keep at the music and what i said above wouldnt be a bad way for them to carry on.

The drummer was a dumb ass disturbed fan anyway

This has got to be some kind of joke! These guys can't be serious about splitting up.

On the other hand, if they are Jonas should continue to make music, preferably with Anders. More October Tide maybe?

If you think I am taking this well, I'm not. I just think that the guys are a bit ill and it has nothing to do with them splitting up.

taranis said:
I hope the band dont split up, but if its true then i'd like em to keep at the music and what i said above wouldnt be a bad way for them to carry on.

I absoloutely agree... Jonas really should release singer/songwriter album damn it, Omerta is one of the best songs on Viva Emptiness altough it ends in that annoying way.

what's there to enlighten? Fromthewoods just put up the link to katatonia.com and pasted the reason why they're not showing up on that festival. Read ppl read.

Well its good to hear that it seems to be a rumor. I know that Katatonia had gotten sick on the tour so it seems quite the logical and understandable reason behind it all. I am glad they arent breaking up, I mean damn. First Matt Barlow leaves Iced Earth, then that? Nope, couldnt take it, hehe.

Fromthewoods said:
"Due to sickness in the band, Katatonia are sorry to announce that they'll not be able to perform on the I-Wood festival on June 28th....
What a relief! But it concerns me, though, that they're still sick over a month after the Oslo gig, which was cancelled for the same reason.

Fuck!
Let's hope there's nothing serious going on with one of the band members...
I mean, it's a bit strange, the festival is on the June 28th, about 1 week to go, and already now the gig is cancelled.
Very strange...