Subject: RE: Katatonia

That's all it is mate - gossip :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz / Prophecy Productions [mailto:lukasz@prophecyproductions.de]
Sent: 20 June 2003 13:52
To: lisa@peaceville.co.uk
Subject: Katatonia

Hey Lisa,

whats with these gossips about Katatonia splitting up? Do you know anything? Let me know if you can...

yours
Lukasz

i got this messsage on the forum:
"check out: www.rockthenation.at

its an austrian metal page , where katatonia is confirmed for the MetalFest Vienna. But this was in the news (02 JULY):

"leider mußten wir erfahren, daß KATATONIA letztes wochenende kurzfristig (ein paar tage vorher) einen festivalauftritt in deutschland absagten. lt. deren booking agent gibt es bandintern massive probleme .... wir wiederum wollen nicht ein paar tage vor dem festival auf einmal mit dem nichterscheinen der band überrascht werden - so kurzfristig könnten selbst wir dann die lücke nicht mehr ordentlich füllen. deshalb haben wir deren label gebeten, bescheid zu geben, was denn nun sache ist. bisher haben wir keine antwort erhalten..... sollten wir auch morgen wieder nix erhalten, gehen wir davon aus, daß KATATONIA diesen sommer wohl nicht mehr live performen will/wird. "

it says:

"unfortunatly katatonia canceled a gig at a german festival. their booking manager says that there are band intern problems. we (the festival coordinators) don't want to risk a cancelation a few days before our festival starts because we wouldnt have time to find a band in place of katatonia, so we asked their label whats going on. until now we have not received an answer. if we dont get an answer in a few days, we guess that katatonia wont perform live this year." (thanks for translation by dennywise)

What do you think? :(
It still doesn't mean anything..

Dora said:
What do you think? :(
It still doesn't mean anything..

But are they confirmed or not????
I'm making plans for the summer breeze festival and that means that I could refuse some job offers for the summer only because I want to be sure to be free for that day when Katatonia is supposed to play.
It would be a big disappointment to find out one week before or even less that they won't be playing any gigs this summer...
I really hate these kind of rumours, just hope that it's only gossip, also because on their official page these gigs are confirmed and it wouldn't be professional at all to suddenly cancel them a few days before the gig...

... I wonder why the Katatonia festival gigs are deleted on the Peaceville website. I know that they were announced there but now there is nothing.
Also there is no statement and no update on the official website. This is strange because if someone was spreading up rumours about the split of my band I would immediately tell them that it's just a bad joke or kind of that.
The silence of the band is really frightning in that case.

something is wrong, not with the world but katatonia ...

Whoever is responsible for that, PLEASE UPDATE the page; people, YOUR FUCKING FANS, are planning so see Katatonia on the festivals and they would do EVRYTHING to see you (see quote Ether);

I'll go to summer breeze anyway, great billing, but I'll be glad to see katatonia+fans there (if not, we'll form a band containing all people contributing to the Cover-Contest, haha, and play ourselves...)

"if not, we'll form a band containing all people contributing to the Cover-Contest, haha, and play ourselves..."
:lol:
gorgeous!

Normally I don't care about rumors until an official statement in done; maybe the katas are sitting before the screen and laughing what people are making up their minds about...

..but anyway, the situation reminds me a little of Psychotic Waltz; also a great band with lots of enthusiastic fans, creating over years a couple of fantastic albums, but no great success; then they released their masterpiece, "Bleeding" (anybody of you should know this album by the way...), had a sucessful tour, great reviews and for the first time the album was selling really good; ...after that they disappeared...

By the way: I have some fathers of little children amongst my friends, and they all seem to have very short time for other hobbies, maybe that's the topic, they're discussing about in the band, for if the band becomes a full time job (American tour, new album, etc...)...what about Jonas....(now I begin to speculate, I hate myself for that...)

I no longer believe that there is sickness in the band. I just got the information that the promoter from the Metalfest Vienna wrote Katatonia a mail to know if they will play or not. In 5 days nobody from Katatonia made it to answer that mail so the promoter kicked them out of the playlist. Summer Breeze did the same so Katatonia won't play there.

I'm so angry!!!! So what is this all about! If they don't want to play or cannot play they should say it but showing no reaction is a piece of shit!! I'm a big Katatonia Fan but the band make themselve no friends when they react something like that!! So as Katatonia Fan I say: speak to us or I am no longer a fan!!!!!!

there, i don't check the forum for a while and look at what i find out when i'm back! :cry:

for sure no official news isn't a very good sign, sigh.

maybe the Katatonia guys have left for a trip and they misteriously disappeared...

I think they could give an answer at least to the promoters, because I find it quite rude not to answer to an important e-mail (IF that's true...)
Moreover the official site hasn't been updated yet and if someone checks out their tour dates on their site he could still think that they are playing this summer.
Quite disappointing honestly.

ether said:
I think they could give an answer at least to the promoters, because I find it quite rude not to answer to an important e-mail (IF that's true...)

For those of you who understand german you can read following messages from www.rockthenation.at - the fact is that from July the 2nd (or maybe before - the message from July the 2nd says that the promoter asked the label if Katatonia will play - they got no answer until that date and they will wait until the next day before they decide what to do - they extend the waiting time to yesterday, and then kicked them out of the billing) to July the 7th the promoter got no answer - thats 5 days!!! :

02.07.: hallo freunde des [ METALFEST VIENNA 2003 ],

..... leider mußten wir erfahren, daß KATATONIA letztes wochenende kurzfristig (ein paar tage vorher) einen festivalauftritt in deutschland absagten. lt. deren booking agent gibt es bandintern massive probleme.... wir wiederum wollen nicht ein paar tage vor dem festival auf einmal mit dem nichterscheinen der band überrascht werden - so kurzfristig könnten selbst wir dann die lücke nicht mehr ordentlich füllen. deshalb haben wir deren label gebeten, bescheid zu geben, was denn nun sache ist. bisher haben wir keine antwort erhalten..... sollten wir auch morgen wieder nix erhalten, gehen wir davon aus, daß KATATONIA diesen sommer wohl nicht mehr live performen will/wird. und genau dann werden wir wohl AMORPHIS für den samstag brauchen - um euch auch hier einen fetten ersatz liefern zu können - obwohls eigentlich unser budget sprengt .... stay tuned.

von stefan am 03.07.2003 13:48
Homepage: www.rockthenation.at
...... ich denke die korrektur KATATONIA auf AMORPHIS wird wohl der letzte notwendige tausch werden - das wird nun definitiv am montag entschieden - bis dahin haben die jungs von KATATONIA noch zeit sich zu melden - ansonsten AMORPHIS praktisch fix zugesagt haben......

von stefan am 07.07.2003 23:33
Homepage: www.rockthenation.at
hi leute - ihr seid mal wieder schneller als mir lieb ist.... tatsächlich haben KATATONIA auch heute keine rückmeldung gegeben - somit summer breeze & metalfest beschlossen haben - sie vom billing zu nehmen. AMORPHIS ist praktisch bestätigt - aber eben noch nicht schriftlich und auf das wollte ich eigentlichen warten - um euch absage KATATONIA und zusage AMORPHIS zeitgleich zu geben.... aber es kam wieder einmal anders..... ;-)