Shit Setlist

Only is not a bad song. There's a few from SOWN that I can jam. However, it's fuckin' BORING live compared to the rest of their faster songs. It's brutally obvious when you're at the show and they're playing that song and the intensity of the crowd just withers. I think fans can bitch as much as they want considering Anthrax has Joey back in the band, but they're playing Only over anything from POT. This is how I feel although I'm not too up-in-arms about it, otherwise I wouldn't be going to 2 out of 3 TX dates.

People trying to stick up for them for playing Only over POT stuff or trying to excuse that in some way is just as old as people hating on them for playing that song. Oh, and next time I'll try to remember to remind myself of how much cooler you are than me for becoming a member of this board when Anthrax sucked balls. :p

Like I've said before, I would too much rather hear something like Room For One More instead of Only, because it would mix a lot better with the old songs, but it is what it is.

I'm sorry about the unnecessary join date-comment, I didn't mean to act like my was Richard.

Lemmy is 65 and still plays the songs fast as hell.

Motorhead are not even in the same league as Anthrax when it comes to playing fast. If Anthrax slowed their fast songs, they would be a Motorhaed speed. Also, a Bass or Guitar player can probably play faster at an older age than a Drummer, thats hard work, have you tired it?

lol nice excuse. Only is not a 'slow' song. Charlie hits the double bass the entire song. The riffing is not slow. So the 'slow' excuse doesn't apply here. If they wanted to do a slow song why not do Black Lodge or just take an intermission and come back out and play Keep it IN the Family

Only is slow, the DB is slow so it's easy to play it the whole song, even a half assed drummer could do that. The "only" fast part for the guitars is just before each verse. Skeletons, now that's fast for every instrument, you can't tell me Only is in the same league. That would almost make Only thrash, but wait, you've been telling us for years Anthrax stopped beoing thrash after POT. Pick up a guitar and show me the fast parts of Only Please, be careful the camera makes you look fat and it's not real.

Dallas getting a Pantera cover tonight.

@Anthrax tweeted today: "What Pantera song should we cover tonight? Walk? Cowboys From Hell? A New Level?"

Motorhead are not even in the same league as Anthrax when it comes to playing fast. If Anthrax slowed their fast songs, they would be a Motorhaed speed. Also, a Bass or Guitar player can probably play faster at an older age than a Drummer, thats hard work, have you tired it?

Your original post said "Anthrax can't play the fast songs anymore because they're in their 40's" and now you're breaking it down to just the drummer. So, who are we actually making excuses for here? I don't see Neil Peart cutting out the drum fills from "Tom Sawyer" or them skipping any songs that have hard guitar or drum parts. He's gotta be around 60 and he's 10 times the drummer that Charlie is, so I'm not buying it.

And have you ever actually seen Motorhead live? You just sound foolish.

Your original post said "Anthrax can't play the fast songs anymore because they're in their 40's" and now you're breaking it down to just the drummer. So, who are we actually making excuses for here? I don't see Neil Peart cutting out the drum fills from "Tom Sawyer" or them skipping any songs that have hard guitar or drum parts. He's gotta be around 60 and he's 10 times the drummer that Charlie is, so I'm not buying it.

And have you ever actually seen Motorhead live? You just sound foolish.

Seen Motorhead. Good for Niel Pert. You said it yourself, not everybody is Niel Pert. Has Charlie started Skipping stuff yet? All I said is that it gets harder with age. Achievable but harder. How old are you? Do you understand what it means to feel the effects of age? I do. Oh and it gets harder for the guitars and Bass too, just not to the same extent. Aging causes functional changes in cells. For example, the rate at which cells multiply tends to slow down as we age. Age also interferes with an important process called apoptosis, which programs cells to self-destruct or die at appropriate times. This process is necessary for tissues to remain healthy.
Therefore how can it not get harder?

This thread has just been infected with AIDS.

Yes, I am IMF09. Please ban me.

The other night in Albuquerque they replaced Only with AIR and Medusa. All I have to say is: BOO YEAH BITCHES. :Smokin:

No I'm IMFAN09.........

Even though I'm a fan of both eras, trading Only with AIR is great, love that song.

This thread has just been infected with AIDS.

Yes, I am IMF09. Please ban me.

The other night in Albuquerque they replaced Only with AIR and Medusa. All I have to say is: BOO YEAH BITCHES. :Smokin:

hell yeah, when I heard they were rehearsing those songs I was afraid that they were going to replace something good. The shows seem to be getting better and better if true.

Seen Motorhead. Good for Niel Pert. You said it yourself, not everybody is Niel Pert. Has Charlie started Skipping stuff yet? All I said is that it gets harder with age. Achievable but harder. How old are you? Do you understand what it means to feel the effects of age? I do. Oh and it gets harder for the guitars and Bass too, just not to the same extent. Aging causes functional changes in cells. For example, the rate at which cells multiply tends to slow down as we age. Age also interferes with an important process called apoptosis, which programs cells to self-destruct or die at appropriate times. This process is necessary for tissues to remain healthy.
Therefore how can it not get harder?

Just stop with this crap. You really think they are playing Only because they are getting old? You sound like a total jack ass. Those guys can play those songs with their eyes closed and in their sleep. It has nothing to do with the speed factor and their age. I wonder how these old men just did the set tonight with Air and Medusa instead of Only. They must have brought in respirators and walkers for them. Hopefully they made it out okay. :lol::lol:

Someone in your shape might have a problem getting through their set. But at 50 years of age those guys are in much better shape than you are. Oh but wait, the camera added weight to your video my bad!

Oct 26:

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
Hymn 1
In the End
A.I.R.
Medusa

Encore:
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
I Am The Law

Oct 28:

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
Time
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Medusa

Encore:
Pantera Cover
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
I Am The Law
Metal Thrashing Mad

See, they're mixing it up as they go.

:lol:
Just stop with this crap. You really think they are playing Only because they are getting old? You sound like a total jack ass. Those guys can play those songs with their eyes closed and in their sleep. It has nothing to do with the speed factor and their age. I wonder how these old men just did the set tonight with Air and Medusa instead of Only. They must have brought in respirators and walkers for them. Hopefully they made it out okay.
Someone in your shape might have a problem getting through their set. But at 50 years of age those guys are in much better shape than you are. Oh but wait, the camera added weight to your video my bad!

You are so easy. I never said they played Only because they are so old you twit. I'm in very good shape, I would challenge you to anything. Contrary to how I appear in the vids, I'm not fat. They are millions fatter than me. You continuously need to focus on my weight, please explain? Do they play fast as they used to?. I remember you thrashers jumping up and down because they don't play as fast as they used to, so my point of view is valid, child.

Oct 26:

Oct 28:

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
Time
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Medusa

Encore:
Pantera Cover
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
I Am The Law
Metal Thrashing Mad

See, they're mixing it up as they go.

They played 'Time'?!? :headbang:
(Or were you too lazy to write "Got the"? :lol:)

They played ONLY, because thats the only Bush song Joey is good at for the time being, not because they are old, not because they are lazy, not because of tissue wear & tear. Lack of POT songs is..duhh..time constraint?? maybe..i donno...ask them!!
The band is changing the songs along the way...so keep yer fingers crossed, tied in a knot or what ever u want to do with it, for ANTHRAX fan ..be ready, the band might come over your place & start playing stuffs we never thought might be played before...

.Aand yeah..if it was TIME..than...good for u guys!! MORE POWER TO THE BAND!!

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
Time
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Medusa

Encore:
This Love
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
I Am The Law
Metal Thrashing Mad

The setlist continue to get better!!!! This might be the best one of the tour... great to see it up to 15 songs!

Worship
Earth on Hell
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
Time
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
Indians
In the End
Medusa

Encore:
This Love
Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
I Am The Law
Metal Thrashing Mad

The setlist continue to get better!!!! This might be the best one of the tour... great to see it up to 15 songs!

This is the part of the thread where I say: "I hope they keep Only out of the setlist just to stick it to all the Bush-whackers LOLOL"

JKJKJKJK