shit you wish bands would stop doing

I wish there would never be another band like the Scorpions that go wimpy on us and do that STINKIN? SHIT they did some years ago called shitty Wind Of Change....I've had enuff of sheer political shit in metal/HR songs!!!

Rob

I wish bands stop splitting and getting back after a couple of years to make profit.

that describe pretty much most norwegian black metal bands.

I wish bands would stop encouraging the 'devil horns' gesture at concerts and people would stop being mindless sheep by going along with it. It's like being in church. Especially since most of the bands aren't kvlt enough to pull it off.

I get where you're coming from... but how could something Dio popularized ever be kvlt...?

Edit: except for ELF of course.

I wish there would never be another band like the Scorpions that go wimpy on us and do that STINKIN? SHIT they did some years ago called shitty Wind Of Change....I've had enuff of sheer political shit in metal/HR songs!!!

Rob

To take the absolute oppostite side, I wish the idea that a metal band has to put out 20 million billion albums with the exact same sound and recycled bits from their well known songs would die.

It's like oooh this band is so metal, they have a sound and have it all the time and have about 4 good songs and a million boring ones - umm great lets just have their best hits then hehe.

If they slightly varied their sound a bit they would be more interesting to me. I'm not talking about following trends, not automatically, just doing whatever really.

Stained Class and Painkiller are totally different but I love both and both sound like Priest and neither sound like it's trying to play off the other one. All that time and some bands are the same, minus the good songs. If they were still putting out great songs it would be fine.

I have to disagree with you on this. Calling power metal vocals and folk metal arrangements cheesy borders too closely on calling opera and classical music cheesy. Obviously, there are a lot of main stream music fans out just "don't get it," and will say something like "seriously, who actually sings like that?" not realizing that from the perspective of a truly educated musician, opera is arguably one of the truest forms. Then these little idiots try to imitate operatic vocals completely oblivious to the fact that they're doing it wrong and say "you see, that doesn't even sound good."

Similarly, they pick on classical music for being "boring," or "too long," because they've been culturally conditioned into a form of musical ADHD, and really have no clue how much more in depth classical music really is than the shit they listen to.

So have you played classical music and then Britney Spears to people who haven't heard music and they liked the classical then or are you making it up as you go along?

As for Opera, well maybe if people understood the language....

I still say no taste is superior. As long as your listening to the same stuff that you would be if there was no one else on the planet to laugh at you the you're fine.

To take the absolute oppostite side, I wish the idea that a metal band has to put out 20 million billion albums with the exact same sound and recycled bits from their well known songs would die.

It largely depends who's doing it too. When bands like Iron Maiden and Megadeth do it, it stands out like dogs nuts and makes me question whether I should have bought the album at all. AC/DC seem to be able to get away with it pretty well though.