shit you wish bands would stop doing

What about metal isn't cheesy. The vocals? Well that gets rid of black, power, and death metal. The outfits? Thrash is out the window, aswell as the original heavy metal bands. The lyrics? Whoopsy, there goes all of them. Instrumentals? Folk metal, comin' through.

WTF is wrong with cheesy?

I wish bands would stop encouraging the 'devil horns' gesture at concerts and people would stop being mindless sheep by going along with it. It's like being in church. Especially since most of the bands aren't kvlt enough to pull it off.
I only discovered tr00 metal about six years ago and have only been a series listener for about the past four, so the \m/ was probably already a cliche by the time I first encountered it. I know exactly what you mean though, because it seems to have lost all meaning as the vast majority of people use it out of context, either unwittingly, or maybe for the sake of being intentionally ironic. Either way, the once proud metal horns have gone the way of the word "Fuck."

What about metal isn't cheesy. The vocals? Well that gets rid of black, power, and death metal. The outfits? Thrash is out the window, aswell as the original heavy metal bands. The lyrics? Whoopsy, there goes all of them. Instrumentals? Folk metal, comin' through.

WTF is wrong with cheesy?
I have to disagree with you on this. Calling power metal vocals and folk metal arrangements cheesy borders too closely on calling opera and classical music cheesy. Obviously, there are a lot of main stream music fans out just "don't get it," and will say something like "seriously, who actually sings like that?" not realizing that from the perspective of a truly educated musician, opera is arguably one of the truest forms. Then these little idiots try to imitate operatic vocals completely oblivious to the fact that they're doing it wrong and say "you see, that doesn't even sound good."

Similarly, they pick on classical music for being "boring," or "too long," because they've been culturally conditioned into a form of musical ADHD, and really have no clue how much more in depth classical music really is than the shit they listen to.

I am sure this has already been said, but I'll say it again, I wish bands would stop putting out such long albums. Some bands can pull it off, but most of the time 30-45 minutes is more than enough music for a single release, and encourages bands to just give us their best stuff.

Neither can I. I find them pretty boring, all their songs remind me of the power rangers theme song.