Florida
Alexi Laiho vs. James Malone

Round 1 DING!!!

Who's better people?

I say James hands down in pretty much every conceivable way.:worship:

wtf, alexi is winning?

Are you serious?

*sigh* alexi fanboi noobs...

I just cant understand why in myspace page you are wearing all that COB hoodies and have Alexis photo in fuc*in "Influences" album while talking shit about COB??? Omg you are soo fucked up dude :lol:
Here my advice for you as i told for Brutal Ass - get a hell out from here. Why you spending time in this forum? Having fun talking such a shit?... :ill:
First take look at your self then start judging bands or whatever. Jackass :kickass:

And id say Alexi would kick Malones butt :kickass:

Well this is the on-topic section so Alexi is deifinitely gonna win lol.

I think James Malone is technically better than Alexi. I mean come on, the intro to overthrown is just fucking killer.
But songwriting ability is totally based on each person's opinion.

Songwriting: opinion.

Technical abilities: I think nowadays Alexi is paying too much attention to the Zakk Wylde kind of feeling, which isn't real feeling but bending notes on the pentatonic scale, running chromatics and using tons of squeals and harmonics. But I also think he still retains his chops, which aren't really as far from Malone's as one may think after listening to e.g. In Your Face. Yes, Overthrown intro is really tricky, but try and play Violated intro or some of the leads Alexi has played along his career.

Bottom line: Ultimate Metal Children Of Bodom forum. You really expect Malone to win?

wtf is this poll? seriously? making a poll just to spit on Alexi? AGAIN??? !! :lol:
some seems to have a problem with fanbois but they must be aware of their own case, what's worse? being a "fanboi/fangirl" or constantly calling others "fanboi/fangirl" just because they like the musician's work (in his official band's forum)? seriously I don't get it :lol:

I haven't heard a decent quality live solo by James or any form of video lesson of a hard lick, so for me, it's hard to judge fairly. Judging by a studio solo isn't the best of ideas, since it could take someone one take or one hundred takes to get something down and we wouldn't know.

James could probably 'out-shred' Alexi in this time and age, but back in 1999, I'd say Alexi would 'win'. Tokyo Warhearts is flawless.

out of all the technical death metal band to compare with alexi you pick fucking arsis. this thread is a joke! arsis blows compared to all the newer better : Necrophagist, faceless, veil of maya, Born of osiris, list goes on forever. james ma-fucking-lone? are you shiting me? what the fuck is wrong with you! and in a Children of Bodom Forum against Alexi! what did you excpect RETARD

out of all the technical death metal band to compare with alexi you pick fucking arsis. this thread is a joke! arsis blows compared to all the newer better : Necrophagist, faceless, veil of maya, Born of osiris, list goes on forever. james ma-fucking-lone? are you shiting me? what the fuck is wrong with you! and in a Children of Bodom Forum against Alexi! what did you excpect RETARD

Well look who's butthurt. Don't be so serious.

James Malone writes better riffs and more interesting solos, clear winner for me.