Shock Moments While Listening To Metal?

KornyBstd

May 16, 2006
Sweden
I often find myself leaving metal albums on too high volumes when I'm at home, and some of my albums are just full of those shock moments, such as "Catch 33" by Meshuggah..

I left the album on max volume at my house and I got lost in the haze of the album, and by the end of track 9 it goes quiet for about 2 minutes, and I thought the album had ended so I was about to go to sleep...

But then the fucking next track begins with a roaring LOUD ASS scream from Jens Kidman!! I nearly got a heartattack!! My neighbours even came and complained cuz it had scared them!!

Those moments really make my day ;) and you know it's one helluva good metal album

KornyBstd said:
What's your problem with Korn? I think they are one of the most talented bands out there!

Well, they're really not talented. Though I guess in a way they were original in their sound (even that I feel it's awful) becuase it wasn't anything heard before. It started Nu-Metal which was an awful plague of bands. So props for starting something, but it wasn't anything good. Plus I see you like Meshuggah and I think you could do better than Korn. I normally don't try to convince people out of bands, but you show potential.:headbang:

When I wake up in the dark and evoken 'embrace the emptiness' is playing on my stereo set up(freaks me out). My stereo with be on 1, but the music seems ten times louder than when I originally went to sleep. My most shocking music moment.

I had a dream about flying grasshoppers in the house, but they were atleast a 5,6 inches in length.

:erk:

I woke up horrified.

Jeez just cuz you guys don't like Korn doesn't mean I shouldn't like them..most of the bands that some people on this site listen to really suck! the singer is just screaming 24/7 and saying absolutly nothing and the guitarist is smacking one string as fast as possible and the drummer is just banging the double bass pedal til his feet break...I don't call that music, but hey if that what floats your boat then I don't mind..Korn brought me into metal, and that keeps a special place with me, despite the fact that most of their songs aren't that good

well for the korn guy....if u hate screming get off a metal fourm....and metal guitar players dont hit one string listion to old children of bodom.......and listion to frost from Satyricon drum..........get out of here....

KornyBstd said:
Jeez just cuz you guys don't like Korn doesn't mean I shouldn't like them..most of the bands that some people on this site listen to really suck! the singer is just screaming 24/7 and saying absolutly nothing and the guitarist is smacking one string as fast as possible and the drummer is just banging the double bass pedal til his feet break...I don't call that music, but hey if that what floats your boat then I don't mind..Korn brought me into metal, and that keeps a special place with me, despite the fact that most of their songs aren't that good

:puke: Nevermind you being kinda cool, I officially think your gay.

newBLACKways said:
well for the korn guy....if u hate screming get off a metal fourm....and metal guitar players dont hit one string listion to old children of bodom.......and listion to frost from Satyricon drum..........get out of here....

all Children Of Bodom sucks ape wang

you views on them ohiogrinder..i could care less what u think....anyways yea my shocking moment more had to do with me i turned up an amp all the way and it scared the shit out of me