Shock Moments While Listening To Metal?

MetalNoob said:
Yea, Soilwork is that band that seems to be attracted to only certian type of fans, usually of the melodic death junkies such as myself.

thats probably why I don't like them. I'm more of a brutal/tech death fan.

actually meshuggah got me once too. The fourth track on nothing has this mathematical lullaby shit going on and then Kidman just screams from out of nowhere and I jumped up and dropped my cd player on the floor, pulling out my headphones (short ass cord) and shit. Once I was going 15 over listening to darkthrone and a cop went past me the other way, and I only realized it was a cop car as he passed me. He braked, but there were dudes behind him, so he couldn't brake too hard and I just whizzed past, dominating the cop and having a near heart attack at the same time. If he caught me, I would have lost my license, so it was real scary for me.

As for korn, I haven't heard anything good by them on the radio, but they are slightly before my time, so I dunno

KornyBstd said:
Who the hell said anything about hating screaming or saying all metal guitarist hit one string??

First of all I'm open to almost any metal and I have 200+ metal cds of various metal subgenres..

2nd of all, if you judge me because one of my favorite bands are "gay" or "uncool" you obviously have no life

3rd about the crap music, i was referring to shit bands like Lupara, Winds of Plague, Jumping Johney, We Came With Broken Teeth etc etc that really suck!! And btw I love screaming in metal, but not when it's totally incomprehensible and when the lyrics are stupid and pointless..but if you like that type of music that's fine with me, that's your music taste and no one should diss you for that..

and if i need to listen to underground bands that barely anyone knows to be cool and accepted then it's just pathetic, I love underground metal and I have tons of underground records and tapes... but that doesnt make all the other metal bad..

P.S children of bodom used to be good but now they suck and yes, frost is an amazing drummer!
Wow, I never thought I'd say this to a Korn fan, but respect, bruv. Respect.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: out of five

Teh Grimarse said:
this thing

giris.JPG

is not a musician

haha that pic makes me think he is telling himself "What the fuck is this thing I'm holding? I just beat on it right?"

Btw I agree with you...or something.

KornyBstd said:
Who the hell said anything about hating screaming or saying all metal guitarist hit one string??

pretty sure you said it right here..

KornyBstd said:
the singer is just screaming 24/7 and saying absolutly nothing and the guitarist is smacking one string as fast as possible and the drummer is just banging the double bass pedal til his feet break...

Anyway, back to the topic...

The last song on Circle of Dead Children's "Human Harvest" ends while the track keeps playing silence for about 10 minutes. Then all of a sudden a horrifying collection of unhuman-like screams and electronic buzzing comes out of nowhere and plays for about 20 seconds I believe. I fell asleep to that CD and let me tell ya, when that shit came on I about woke out of my sleep and pissed myself. haha

Tell you what, I'll get rid of my sig but keep the name and my music taste..it's a lil compromise since no one likes korn around here ;) and thanks btw for the nice response to my comment :) I thought i would get bashed hardcore haha

@Mercy/Severity -- You didnt copy my entire quote, I specifically said that SOME BANDS do that, i would never diss the entire metal genre by saying ALL metal bands do something like that!!

Respectable I guess, but Korn isn't metal and 200 cd's doesn't impress me at all.

I'm not trying to impress you, I bet you have twice the amount of metal cd's I have, but I like to stretch my music taste, I like almost anything (EXCEPT FOR COUNTRY!!) and therefore I do not have that many metal cds, but metal will always be my fav genre! And korn IS metal!

anyway glad we sorted this out, and the guy who drove past the cop gets some kudos, that was fckin brilliant!! cracked me up when I read it

Discovery said:
Can't even hold his instrument properly

I hate people who have there basses and guitars really low, it just pisses me off. How the can you play when your instrument is about to touch the ground

The Greys said:
One time I was listening to Incantation 'onward to golgotha' accidentally dropping my beer. When you are drunk dropping a beer you end up not picking up the bottle fast enough because your mind state is altered so half or more is on the rug.

One of my most shocking moments. When you have a 12 pack you can only have 6 beers each night and spilling one full beer sucks, you really need that beer, 5 beers is just not cutting it!!

what bullshit

Buy a 24 pack? :kickass:

"Phobophile" by Cryptopsy

It starts with this beautiful piano intro, leaving you to expect a crashing band entrance. But then follows a bass solo making you think the song is gonna build up at a slower pace. But all of the sudden, when you least expect it, BAM!

Zephyrus said:
"Phobophile" by Cryptopsy

It starts with this beautiful piano intro, leaving you to expect a crashing band entrance. But then follows a bass solo making you think the song is gonna build up at a slower pace. But all of the sudden, when you least expect it, BAM!

oh yeah, that's fucking brilliant, I love that intro. Rest of the song's not bad either.

The Greys said:
I am 19 and can't be picky.

I live in the US. You are not considered an adult until 21.

old enough to die in a war but too young to drink. what bullshit! who the fuck makes these idiotic laws?

ohiogrinder said:
old enough to die in a war but too young to drink. what bullshit! who the fuck makes these idiotic laws?

Who the fuck knows.

You can drive,go to war,work(making nothing),wake up and do the sameshit again forever, but you can't get drunk.

....and god forbid if you are underrage and feel stress wanting to crack some beers something is wrong with you.

Adults can do whatever the hell they want and act like they know but they're just as dumb founded and lost as any young adults.

The Greys said:
Who the fuck knows.

You can drive,go to war,work(making nothing),wake up and do the sameshit again forever, but you can't get drunk.

....and god forbid if you are underrage and feel stress wanting to crack some beers something is wrong with you.

Adults can do whatever the hell they want and act like they know but they're just as dumb founded and lost as any young adults.

I am an adult yet I feel the same way. there are waaay worse things kids could be doing.