Shooting at Damageplan show, two band members dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connauch

May 8, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Police haven't said who got killed yet, but two members of the band don't give Dimebag Darrell or Vinnie Paul good odds.

I don't like Damageplan or Pantera but I still respected them. Condolences to their fans.

It's probably fake. The story is written really badly, the site looks like a fake mirror, and I can't find any other info/news about it.

Check your sources more thoroughly before flagging bullshit news.

I just checked, it looks like Associated Press picked the article up.

If Dimebag is dead I'm going to be upset. I never liked Damageplan but was a HUGE Pantera fan growing up.

This isn't a joke. A few members of the Anthrax message board live in Columbus and they were the first to post the story on that board.

Posted on Wed, Dec. 08, 2004

One Dead, Six Injured in Ohio Shooting

Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man opened fire in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night, killing at least one person and wounding at least six others, authorities and witnesses said.

Columbus police communications technician Misty Stevens said at least seven people were shot at the Alrosa Villa, and one of them had died.

Witnesses said in television news reports that a man ran onto the stage and began firing shots at the members of the band that was playing. A witness said patrons were unsure at first whether the gunman was part of the show, but that they began fleeing when the music stopped.

A band called Damageplan was headlining the show that included two other groups, but it wasn't immediately clear which group was on stage.

Another article on it from an Ohio news site (have to log in to read) Couldn't get quotes to work.

*edit
This article is a bit more vague, so my title might be off. I hope it is at least :(

That better not be FUCKING real. But I highly doubt it is, look how it's written. They wouldn't need to say Vinnie and Dime were in Pantera, what's the relevance? It's a bullshit article.... I fuckin hope.

Connauch said:
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

Police haven't said who got killed yet, but two members of the band don't give Dimebag Darrell or Vinnie Paul good odds.

I don't like Damageplan or Pantera but I still respected them. Condolences to their fans.
It seems Dimebag was indeed one of the people who died. I'm not the biggest DP fan, but Dime was a huge influence to me growing up. This sucks. Bad.

Yeah its not fake. I just read 7 were shot and 3 were dead, they are not saying who died, but all reports are leading to Dimebag. That fucking sucks outloud!!!Fuck!

Bear

sixxswine said:
The reports are not clear, I was read in various boards & it more of the same that is found here. I'll wait to see if in fact a band member was killed. You hate to read about people dying at shows...
DOn't know if it is true or not, but I read Dime and Vinnie were killed. Let's hope not.

I don't mean to be grim or disrespectful but this was just posted at the Nuclear Blast forum by some kid's Mom.

"My son just called from a nightclub in Columbus (Ohio) and told me he had just witnessed the shooting of Dimebag Darrel. The news announced that there was 3 killed and at least 7 other's injured. Some guy walked up on stage and started shooting directly at Dimebag and then everywhere else. My son said one of the friends he was with had done CPR on Dimebag until medics came. One guy is in custody and things are still crazy over there as they're sorting it all out.
What a tragic loss!!!!!!"

Pretty sure this actually happened, folks. And it's bad news for metal for several reasons.

1) Bad reputation increases–go to metal shows and get shot.
2) Insane concert security with intrusive searches and fans not allowed near the stage.
3) Bands are scared of touring America.
4) Pantera gets the Nirvana treatment.

Also, Darrell's death is a bummer, since by all reports he was a decent guy and did nothing to deserve dying this young. That sucks.

Damn I have never been a fan of Dimebags style of playing but this sucks. Bad day for metal and no one deserves to go out like that.

NGC 3370 said:
Damn I have never been a fan of Dimebags style of playing but this sucks. Bad day for metal and no one deserves to go out like that.

Especially not the coolest guitarist fucking ever

Status
Not open for further replies.