Shora

metal_wrath said:
Nice to know that you spend your day obsessing over my every word. that and NOT listening to Opeth, as well as posting fucking lame comments on this forum every 5 minutes.

Dude, your getting torn down. It's great to watch :cool:

lol, metal wrath is so out of his league...

everyone has potential to change though. we should influence them in a good way instead of being judgemental toward them so they may acheive this change.

c.s lewis said it best:

It is a serious thing, to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no 'ordinary' people. -C.S. Lewis

Em, was this thread not originally about Shora?
What do they sound like. I heard a short clip and sounded interesting. From the comments it is all instrumental, could someone give me short description on the sound. It is varied, heavy/quiet. Are there keyboards. etc.
thanks.

Ken Lyall said:
Em, was this thread not originally about Shora?
What do they sound like. I heard a short clip and sounded interesting. From the comments it is all instrumental, could someone give me short description on the sound. It is varied, heavy/quiet. Are there keyboards. etc.
thanks.

Download a full song and you will get an even better idea of how they sound, even better than if someone were to describe how they sounded. :)

Thanks Keith,
Have you a link for a full one, I could not find any, other than a short clip.
Discussion would get this thread back on course, after all that is why we are here is it not! And it could be interesting, unlike the chidish crap that has gone before.

I have been looking for samples of Shora too.

Mr. Josey Wales, what is the thoughtful CS Lewis quote from?

Not quite sure how much awe and circumspection is due to mental_wrath though...

its from The Weight of Glory

here is a bit longer version...

when i look at my motives, and why i do stuff, and why other people do things, i realize there is way too much selfishness...which leads to the debate of what our purpose is anyway, which i believe to be to worship God, by giving him control of our lives, through communication and servitude.

without this absolute, we have no purpose, but our own imperfect, mistake prone endeavors...who knows where they may lead...(wars etc.,)

ok. here's the quote.

"It may be possible for each to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; it is hardly possible for him to think too often or too deeply about that of his neighbor. ...It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree helping each other to one or other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never met a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it s with immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry , snub, and exploit - immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." - C S Lewis

oh, and he's talking about the awe and circumspection of the possibilities..., not the here and now...

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Ordered Malval about 3 weeks ago, and still waiting for it to arrive. Goddamn suppliers 'miscounted stock', or some shitty excuse like that.

Bought on the strength of Parhellion, which sounds amazing.

Mp3's here

Looks like some helpful bugger already has posted an mp3 link. How convenient!