Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

Jipchen, your studio looks so clean and surgical. I bet i could do a operation in there and it would be sterile enough lol. But for real your studio is coming together perfect. I love all of your guy's room's
Haha well... thanks, I guess :lol: The term sterile is kinda negative sounding to me, I prefer to call it nice and clean :D The fabric isn't as "white" as it looks on this picture (HDR pic) rather very natural and a little warmer / yellow.. also the room is very light and warm (big window on the right, light floor and walls obviously, and there are many lights. There are still some indirect lights missing, they'll make the room a lot more comfortable.

I'll go with black wood spacers (as a design element), and I hope the walls will look similar to Jens Bogren's studio (http://www.fascinationstreet.se/recordings/#/gallery <- the picture named "studio room")
This looks great. Where did you get thar desk? I'm building one just like it.
Thanks :) The desk is from Wave Nature (http://www.wavenature.de/index.asp?site=Furniture), and their furniture line is still very new. Great quality and I love the look. Very ergonomic, too.

I saw your thread and the desk you're building is awesome! In fact, I nearly bought the "Duodesk 60" you linked in your OP :lol:
But this one was quite a bit cheaper and not as big.
By the way, regarding your screw-problem: Perhaps you could do it like Wave Nature did it with this desk: Mount the tabletop with dowels onto the rest of the desk? I know you've built it with screws so far, but a single piece as tabletop (perhaps even with some nice wood and not painted black/otherwise) could work and you wouldn't have to deal with small holes for the screws.

Really diggin' both rooms above my post. Awesome mood (yet very different)!. I really need a lava lamp :lol:

Here's my new controlroom. It's actually a lot bigger than it seems ( 25 square meters) and you can just see the desk obviously.
Still not finished but getting there. And I already love it :)
studio.JPG

Awesome! Now some more wood in there and things are perfect :)

Now, when are you gonna give me that Aeron? I damn near pulled a trigger on a used one but had a financial setback.

Awesome! Now some more wood in there and things are perfect :)
Yeah, I'm really excited, can't wait to see it finished. There are 4 parts where I need a really big angle (about 210°) and I've yet to find a company who will make such spacers. All other points are no problem because it's either flat or only slightly angled.
Jarkko Mattheiszen said:
Now, when are you gonna give me that Aeron? I damn near pulled a trigger on a used one but had a financial setback.
Guess who got his Aeron for 400&#8364; in mint condition :headbang:
Nah seriously, I hope you find another used one soon (and have the cash available haha)

Really diggin' both rooms above my post. Awesome mood (yet very different)!. I really need a lava lamp :lol:

Here's my new controlroom. It's actually a lot bigger than it seems ( 25 square meters) and you can just see the desk obviously.
Still not finished but getting there. And I already love it :)
studio.JPG

Great looking desk man :) And perfect size to. How much did it cost (the site is in german)?

Yeah, I'm really excited, can't wait to see it finished. There are 4 parts where I need a really big angle (about 210°) and I've yet to find a company who will make such spacers. All other points are no problem because it's either flat or only slightly angled.

Guess who got his Aeron for 400€ in mint condition :headbang:
Nah seriously, I hope you find another used one soon (and have the cash available haha)

Oh for fuck's sake :lol: I've got my eye on a used one for 520€. If I can manage to book one more well-paying project for the summer, I'll snatch it. Good bye, fucked up posture!

HM Aeron FTW!!
you all have really nice rooms, here is the room where i spend most of the time when i´m at home:

Studio_1.jpg

Studio_2.jpg

Studio_3.jpg

cheers
exoslime

Ok so since nobody asks, I'm gonna do it myself:
@exoslime: why that mirror close to the microphone? So the female singer can make sure she looks good when she's recording too? ;)

Those are for very first reflections :)

hahaha, lol,

@brett, my wife takes classical singing lessons since 3 and a half years now, and the mirror helps her to control the correct opening of her mouth and chin during singing.
its indeed very helpful, because how you open your mouth has a huge impact on the tone, especially if we are working on new songs that she hasnt sung hundrets of times already, each syllable has to be worked out, the correct tone, the right energy, and the right groove and flow in words and sentences.

cheers
exoslime