Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

Finally a friend of mine took some pics of my place and some of the gear.

Studio%20PICSStudio2_Gesch%E4rft_usw.jpg

Looks awesome!What's that dark blue material on the walls?Cheers!

Not only do they look good, but they sound good too! Check out their site for more details: http://www.gauge-usa.com

Had a listen to all the comparison tests. You really do get what you pay for. The side-by-side comparison of their 87 clone next to a real 87 is a harsh example. The Neumann blows it away, of course, but for 10% of the cost of a U87, it's not a bad option.

Redid my rig for this quick tour starting tomorrow. It's been the bane of my existence the last two nights. Fx loop in the recto is fucked and my rack wah decided to only work in heel down. Even if I push the toe down it still sounds like heel down :( this will have to do. Recto feeds the fryette and is completely dry obviously and the mark v feeds the Mesa cab and has the fx run on it(not 100% wet though). Wireless goes via tune to decimator to the g system then the insert send is split via a radial headbone via a ebtech hum eliminator to both heads. The recto goes straight to speaker, the mark v returns to the decimator ch2 then the g system then returns to the head. Fuck my life.

568301a9.jpg

Had my first recording last week. Control room isn't finished yet, live room almost! The space is small but it sounds great. Here are allready some pics..once I finish the control room I'll make better pics than these cellphone ones:

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Here's the bullshit I have to deal with. Everything in this room is temporary, so unfortunately I don't get to change things like I want. Also, the air conditioning was broken.
Shitty guitars, shitty drums. I hate my life, but it is what it is. this drummer guy was actually ok for what was going on. i had no clue they shot all this vid. MY PRO STUDIO SECRETS OH GAWD.

this day was just getting crap setup. so humid and hot, sweat everywhere.

here's a real short clip of what the drums sound like tracked for those interested in making shitty sounds.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17514020/SloanZone/Audio/JDMadewell_001drumclip.mp3

Also of note is that I just put down some plywood for the drums and I like the difference. I even noticed that I think my guitar cab sounds better on the harder surface, even though the wood is just sitting on top of carpet. the rest of the house is hardwood, but it's OFF LIMITS.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fairly unimpressive setup but what the hay...

mikestood.jpg

Gonna be moving in about 5 weeks so the room will be replaced.:loco: