Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

Some really nice spaces posted in this thread! Will post some pictures of my little hidout as soon as I get around and get some proper photos taken :)

my unimpressive desk, chaos included (and yes... all those books are pretty much about mixing or mastering, except do androids dream of electric sheep there

img20110706164358.jpg

img1397i.jpg
img1396b.jpg

img1394dv.jpg
img1398p.jpg

img1357c.jpg
img1375zp.jpg

Simple, but effective. My East Hollywood, ghetto-styles, man found dead next door, subterranean Metal studio.
Note the cloth covered walls and 14 ft projector screen. You can't see it, but I've also got fairly high ceilings (up to 17') and a loft. You also can't see my loaded iMac (running Reaper) too well. Got a Neumann BCM104 in my ghetto-ass "Fiddy Cent" vocal booth, though I'm getting an MXL Gold 35 this week. I'm totally loving my new Fender Supersonic. I think I'm just a preamp away from "legit"...

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 40 3.5" deck screws drilled into the studs holding the back in place and those brackets (6 of them) are rated for 250lbs per pair. It is all 3/4" (18mm) oak plywood. I had 3 people pulling down on the shelf after I mounted it to make sure it's strong enough.

I really love how some of you guys show some pictures of pretty nice setups, with at-least-half-proper room treatment, some nice live room and vocal booth, so much fucking gear, and still talking of a "little setup" :p

I hate you more and more every day, lol
I think my amp GAS is nearly satisfied now.. perhaps another two amps at max :lol: Seriously though, I want an amp for more classical rock, punk, blues stuff etc. Maybe an old Marshall, an Orange amp or even a Fender. Damnit it never stops, obviously :bah:
Fucking nice wall!

Give me back my twin :lol:
€dit: Over the black one any day.
Haha thanks. Just today I was wondering myself if there was a way to replace the fabric on the Mesa 412. Not because I don't like it, I think it's awesome, but I can't see shit through it :D The ENGL is perfect for micing it, because you actually see the speaker, but the Mesa special edition cover is a fucking wall. I never tried to put a mic in front of the normal Mesa 412, is it easier to see through? I even thought about having no fabric there at all, but it looks shitty without.

Yes...with some fabrics it's absolutely impossible to see the speakers. I have a 1960 and I have to put my compact camera against the cloth and flash it many times to see where I'm positioning the mic.

New desk with the rack built, just waiting on the rails to be delivered, so I can put the gear in! Oh, and my new monitors to arrive ;)

229679_262581907085973_100000024970891_1196822_2250242_n.jpg

My home studio built in my friends back yard so far....

The build is all but done, next mission is to acquire outboard...
let me know what you all think so far.
I will be buying some plywood type thing to put under the kit for more reflections and a live end to the room for acoustic guitar etc. If you pull the curtains you expose the glass windows to create a more reflective space so by experimenting with the curtains you can really change the sound the of the room. The black panels on the walls are mid/high absorbers/diffusers.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg