Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

Put the new monitors on the desk to see how they look, gonna put a coat of poly on the rack and screw in the rails tomorrow... If bigger is better, these things should definitely deliver :kickass:
I still don't know what M-audio where thinking when they designed these monitors.

maudio.jpg

?

Very nice Jarkko! What is that grill on the floor for exactly? And do you mind if i ask if you got the 36" or 42" tall Ultimate support? I'm beginning to think i should've went with the 36 but i always thought they would be too small.

Very nice Jarkko! What is that grill on the floor for exactly? And do you mind if i ask if you got the 36" or 42" tall Ultimate support? I'm beginning to think i should've went with the 36 but i always thought they would be too small.

Thanks!

The grill is actually the side panels of the StudioRTA Mixing Station I used to own (well, still own, I think the parts are somewhere in the basement) taped together. Ironically, that's the best use I ever got out of the 120€ desk.

I had a huge dilemma with the stands. The 36" were too low and the 42" too high, but those were the only good stands I could justify buying. TBH, I think 185€ for stands was a bit much, and I couldn't even imagine paying dounle. I ended up getting the higher ones anyway and using the cheap t.acoustics (utterly worthless stuff, steer clear) pads just to tilt them downwards.

Yea i've been through the same issue and that is why i have the 42". Been fighting with trying to angle them downwards enough ever since. I also got these because they where the only thing that seemed good enough without spending half a fortune on stands. I've been pondering putting my monitors sideways but i'm too worried it will mess everything up and i've already learned to deal with how they are now..

I just remembered that they are 45" not 42", If only they made 40" ones it would be pretty much perfect.

Trident London 40 channel bucket with 24 buss outs, fully restored by me. Two Apogee Rosetta 800's with a Profire 2626. Otari new condition mastering tape deck.

314531_263720467004297_248449258531418_731807_358964934_n.jpg

310181_10150895463780055_893540054_21370197_1514214907_n.jpg

Half the rack, don't have a picture of the other side.

Trident London 40 channel bucket with 24 buss outs, fully restored by me. Two Apogee Rosetta 800's with a Profire 2626. Otari new condition mastering tape deck.

Half the rack, don't have a picture of the other side.

I say with the utmost respect and envy: fuck you.:OMG:

Also how are you finding the Art VLA?

I say with the utmost respect and envy: fuck you.:OMG:

Also how are you finding the Art VLA?

I tend to only use it for guitar rhythm's. It's a very warm and unpunchy compressor but is pure gold taming harsh stuff. The compressor winner is the Ashly SC-50. They beat the distressor many times.

To keep things short I "moved out" recently and "had" to get my own place. It's pretty cosy here. My girlfriend even said I could setup the living room however I want...since my desk wouldn't fit in the bedroom :lol:

dscn4012.jpg

Nice, simple, everything is close by. ;)