show your jacket patches !!!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
At KIT I took some pics of Hawk's Jeans Jacket. On it some real rare original patches from Exciter, Culprit , Angel Witch, Queensryche...Since Princess of the night showed her jacket in a thread maybe more people wanna show theirs?? Mine unfortunatly was thrown away once, it had a Venom head on the back, and patches of Slayer, Satan , Diamond Head, Maiden and Cirith Ungol...and a bunch of oldschool buttons (More, Tyson Dog, Queensryche, Culprit...)

hawk1.jpg

hawk2.jpg

hawk3.jpg

Don't shoot me but I don't have a single one :lol:

I prefer good ol' leather ;)

Then again that Culprit patch is wicked, nice vest Hawk :headbang:

The Flower Kings - 'Minor Giant Steps'

Death Animal said:
Btw hawk what is that patch in the top of your back.
I believe that is a Budgie; Power Supply patch, but I could be mistaken.

I have a few that I haven't put on my vest yet. I'll try and get some pictures up this weekend.

I wonder if Hawk's students have any idea of their teacher's private life. I'd like to see what would happen if he showed up to teach in his concert fatigues...

The logos on my jackets have more to do with stock car racing. Here I am in my Kyle Petty Hot Wheels jacket about 4-5 years ago. Background is Sedona, Arizona.

PB250002.JPG

Wyvern said:
Don't shoot me but I don't have a single one

I prefer good ol' leather

Then again that Culprit patch is wicked, nice vest Hawk

The Flower Kings - 'Minor Giant Steps'

Thanks Wyv!

kittybeast said:
Sweeeeeet Jacket Hawk! my patches are all very large and hanging on the wall and I'll give you two guesses as to which band I have the most of

Mmmmm??? Could that be a certain german band?? :lol:

#1_Droogie said:
I believe that is a Budgie; Power Supply patch, but I could be mistaken.

I have a few that I haven't put on my vest yet. I'll try and get some pictures up this weekend.

Tis indeed a "Power Supply" patch from Budgie. Good catch Droog! Looking forward to see your patches!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
The logos on my jackets have more to do with stock car racing. Here I am in my Kyle Petty Hot Wheels jacket about 4-5 years ago. Background is Sedona, Arizona.

Could you shoot a detailted picture of your patches? I love the background TSO! Makes me want to visit the US again.

Wow very cool jacket Hawk. I just adore jackets & vests that look like that, they are awesome. And I see you and me both have the exact same adorable Angel Witch patch:D , so that is ultra cool, don't think I've ever seen anyone with the exact same one before. I've also got 3 Budgie patches on my jacket, some Rush ones and a Maiden one. (Budgie are my favourite band of all time now - truly mindblowing - last saw them about 7 months ago when they played at The Ferry in Glasgow ON MY BIRTHDAY:headbang: !!!

Here's a rear view of my jacket taken 2 days ago. At the bottom of the jacket there's the big Diamond Head patch and either side of that is a Diamond Head Canterbury tour patch and on the other side a Diamond Head Borrowed Tour patch but you can't really see them clearly the way the pic's been taken.. Just above that one is a Deep Purple Stormbringer patch and another Rush patch.

On each arm, I've got 5 patches, on the right at the top a Rush patch, Sabbath, Krokus, Saxon and Scorpions patches. On the left Hawkwind, Rush, AC/DC, Girlschool and another Saxon one.

On front of jacket I've got another Diamond Head patch, 2 AC/DC, a Budgie Deliver us from Evil patch, a Zep and a Maiden one. Plus about 40 metal badges!!!

TheFerry036.jpg

00.jpg

I'm like brother Vern..... I don't have any patches. I own two denim jackets, one faded blue and one black, but if the temperature is cold enough, I prefer leather. I great big "Metal Heart" patch would be killer though on my black jacket.

Bryant

Even though I have not worn this jacket since about '87 I still keep it for the hell of it.
It only has one patch but I've always been a minimalist kind of guy.

DSC00624.jpg

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Wow very cool jacket Hawk. I just adore jackets & vests that look like that, they are awesome.

TheFerry036.jpg

Very nice .... errr... patches...... yeah that is what I was looking at !!! Pardon my post dear. ^___^ I am only giving you a compliment.

Bryant

Hehehe well thanks for the compliment Bryant. I've just realised something, when I'm out and about wearing that jacket I'm aware of folk staring at me from behind and I always thought they were looking at my patches and thinking what great taste in music I have:) , but hey maybe everyone's just been staring at my arse all along :lol:

Hawk said:
Could you shoot a detailted picture of your patches? I love the background TSO! Makes me want to visit the US again.
That's the only pic I've got Hawk. That's the problem with taking the pictures...you're never in them! Sedona is an awesome background! I fell in love with that place. Inspired my second book which is set in Sedona.

NP: Riot - Fire Down Under

TSO is blonde! I don't know why I pictured you with short black hair, and the Princess it's a brunette and I picture her blonde :lol:

Love to "meet" my fellow posters in the real ;) BTW that Diamond Head patch it's also cooool

NP: Jag Panzer - 'Warfare'

I don't have a Jacket anymore, only this denim bag with some patches on, the first lot is from bike rallys and there's some bands on as well.

RallyPatches.jpg
OSPatches.jpg

Somehow I never got rid of all my flags, they used to be my curtains when I still was in school, there's some in the garage as well which is too much of a mission to find.

OSFlags.jpg

Hawk said:
Tis indeed a "Power Supply" patch from Budgie. Good catch Droog! Looking forward to see your patches!
Of course! :D There have been numerous occasions lately where the weather's gorgeous and I'll be driving around to that album:headbang:

Here's a pic of mine. You can't really tell from the sub-par quality of my camera, but most of them out-date me:lol:

Picture54.jpg

By the way, Zeppelin, is that a Neverwinter Knights avatar?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
It's a wig. I use the hat to hold it on my head on windy days. :p

Ryan you're a riot ;) We'll miss you during your break, so drop a line or two while in the wild :D

NP: Hermética - 'Otro Día Para Ser'

zeppelin said:
Yes Indeed, hehe from Budgie to Neverwinter, I'm busy playing the game it's kickass!!
Btw, that Priest and Megadeth patches rule!
haha, excellent game indeed, many hours wasted on that one:lol:

Thanks! I had to order them obviously, but they were pretty cheap so I'm quite content with them. Now I just need to figure out how to sew:tickled: