Shroud/Withersoul Split Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the artwork a few things

the titles are weird

you forgot Their in "and their tears shall flood the earth" and the A in "A maddeing hue"

i hope no one minds but i put a temp link up to the cover just to see what peeps were thinking. i plan to take it down after an hour.

I just emailed you guys this:

Ok, Mark was telling me how bad the photo looks as a 3 over 4 person single page look
So now we are scrambling to get some kinda layout idea that might work with the big photo.
While Mark is struggling with this photo as one page.. I had an idea:

how about a z folded booklet

page 1 - shroud cover
page 2 and 3 would be the shroud photo
page 4 - shroud lyrics
page 5 - shroud thanks
page 6 - ws pic
page 7 - ws lyrics
page 8 - ws thanks

now that would put the shroud cover on the front, the ws pic on the back of the booklet
and it would fold out like a z (or if you turned the booklet on the side it would look like this \/\/, turn clockwise , then clockwise on the x axis)

hope that makes sense.. do you think that would work Tommy?
guys feel free to call me up till 10:30pm 508-809-9064 - lets see if we can get this wrapped up (not necessarily tommy but the bands) so we can get the cd going for jan :)

-Jerm

Jeremy R. Bennett
Oak Knoll Productions
Independent extreme metal record label
"deep roots in extreme metal"
www.oak-knoll.com
aim: jrb2971

i just got the file. i like what has been done, and i think the comprimise we were talking about works well here.

my only issues (and i sent them to jeremy) are that i think the logo being centered above our photo would be better i think
and the order of names would be cooler if they were in order from left to right

like so the name is the same as the pic?
julie
mark
kelly
dan R
dave
mike
dan C.

also withersould pic is kinda blury and you can't see the drummer, i understand that it is a live shot, but is there another pic? i mean if that's all they have it works, but a better shot maybe?

dan of bereavement said:
\m/

hails my man! hails!

so when is the new D.W. out? your music is bad assed!

Thanks man! ;) We plan to finish up the debut album in spring 2006. I still work on new tracks and rehearse with other members. The album will contain vocals and will be recorded with real drums. Also some orchestral arrangements are ready. Let's see what the result will be. :)

Status update- the deadline for the CD split has been extended to make up for some lyrics being messed up in the layout and missing Paul Kuhr's credit(s). Also this will mean we'll probably miss the jan 13th show date for the cd release but both bands are ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.