Sig sizes

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Heya folks,

Some of your signatures are getting (have been) pretty huge in size. Without me going through one by one, could some of you decrease the size of your signatures please. :kickass:

if we're making suggestions or comments, I'd like to know why we have a freaking banner on the side of our forum when others don't

if we're making suggestions or comments, I'd like to know why we have a freaking banner on the side of our forum when others don't

All the UM specific forums do. Helps fund the site my man (my bill went up $100/month with the new server).

I haven't forgot about the guidelines thing. I am slammed now through Oct 5-6 (ProgPower) with deadlines and after that I am going to hit that forum we made and we'll work things up.

Here's a general size I had from a while back (yes I know mine is bigger than this...) - if it's a bit bigger that's fine but in the general area would be cool:

maxsig.png

I should expand on this with one more thing, most of the bands pay annual fees to be hosted here which is why you don't see the same ad setup on their forums.

I'm going to play with a couple different locations to see what balances comfortable browsing vs. helping fund the site.

One of the placements I was going to try - was inline (inside the thread discussion) since I already have the one way up top there (and then the smaller one). That would place it either right after the first post, or 5 or so down. Would you all like that better?

How about above the forum so it doesn't shrink the width?
Above already has a Google adsense and one other banner. Below is where the second adsense can go. The first and smaller banner could accompany it there.

edit: NO! After-the-first or middle-of-the-page ads are the most annoying formats ever.

One of the placements I was going to try - was inline (inside the thread discussion) since I already have the one way up top there (and then the smaller one). That would place it either right after the first post, or 5 or so down. Would you all like that better?

Honestly I find that more irritating than on the side. But then again I am not affected by it since I run a pretty high resolution ;P Still though ads between posts are a real turn-off. =(

Ok - that's why I am asking to get feedback. I'm not looking to deter the enjoyment with ads everywhere but I will find a nice place for it and get it off the side somehow.

I sometimes forget I have a 19" monitor so it really doesn't affect me much being on the side like others.

I actually noticed this yesterday. When you scroll down the page signature content is several times the size of actual post content.

Probably because in most cases they are retarded and useless. Why people feel the need to put huge pictures in their sigs is a mystery to me.

Same goes for the band logo sigs.