Sig sizes

I've thought about it, but I don't know what would be a fair yearly/monthly price to do that to be honest. I'm not against it but it would have to balance out $4 wise while not "sticking it" to people either.

I am working up new incentives for premium memberships and those will return in force before years end.

Serious question (hah!) what would you comfortably pay (what do you personally think is fair) to be ad free?

Put another way, what would you pay without thinking twice to see no ads?

Also, do you (you = whoever is reading this) ever enjoy seeing cool ads promoting new music and releases? Would you be happier with more direct ads (metal/music related) vs. Google ads?
I would probably pay $10 a year to not have that side banner. It forces me to side scroll on this low-res monitor. I would probably not mind in-thread ads, since I'm used to a hefty amount of scrolling due to sigs between reading posts. Those ads are a waste of money for 4fame, or the sheet metal dealers or wrongful death lawyers that come up in google ads. I don't mind ads for metal bands or metal sites, record labels, etc. It's good for this site and for the advertisers. However, I could do without the Flyleaf ads. You know the tastes of the forum. No one will fuss about ads for Paths of Possession/Demiricous or The End Records. It would be foolish of me to ask you to turn down ad dollars though.

Depending on the features added for a premium membership, $15 (the price of a cd) would be a no-brainer for the everyday regulars here. $20 might be a stretch unless the benefits were great. Something like discounts from distros would sweeten the deal.

I would say between $10 and $15 would be a reasonable amount yeah. Anything more than that and it would have to offer significant benefits for it to be worth the amount (and I cannot think of any such features that would make it worth that much really).

I hope that would also mean that with no ads the top bar would scale down as well (it doesn't if you use adblock to get rid of the top banner) because on a widescreen laptop display the top bar really is huge. Though part of that is just inherent to the current forum layout I guess. About 500px is taken up by the big grey bar with the banner, menus, bread crum path and thread and post headers. That's over half the screen on a 1440x900 display.

vihris-gari has probably the largest sig on this board.

Fine, I'll make it smaller. :mad:

I don't actually have a sense of what the typical sig size is here, since I opt not to have them displayed in the threads. It just seemed like there were plenty of retardedly huge ones around the time I made mine, so I figured meh.