Sigh...emotions/relationships/love

mili9152

Dec 14, 2010
Oakland
ehh, didn't really want to post this, but you guys seem like a knowledgeable and experienced bunch.

I'm wondering how many of you guys have loved a girl, or anyone really. I'm suspecting that maybe I'm either a truly cold soul or maybe not allowing myself to love any human.

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years, and after 1 year, she said she loves me. I really really enjoy spending time with her, but I can't honestly say I love her. So I've never said it. What's wrong with me?

I think the closest to loving another person would be my parents, for all that they've done for me, but I can't even manage to say it, without feeling like lying..

What's wrong with me?

absolutly nothing.

relationshipis are heavily overrated imho. banging is fun, but... they are really not worth the hassle, at least in my opinion. ok, i probably met only the wrong girls, i may change my opinion when i find *the one*... ;) (cancled a long relationsship some weeks ago, and my life is much better now!)

maybe i`m the wrong person to talk about this topic... ;)

Raisins_Face.jpg

I'M IN A FORUM FULL OF PSYCHOPATHS

:lol:

not sure i can really answer the question, as it's a very personal thing.
But for me the first step was always just letting myself really feel things, simple as. Then it starts to get interesting.

Time to break up with your girl. It's a waste of time being with someone you're not in love with imo. It's unfair to both you. You'll never find the right one if you're taken and she'll have less time to find the right one if you keep leading her on.

I'M IN A FORUM FULL OF PSYCHOPATHS

Every forum is full of psychopaths. Must be some kind of internet rule ;)

OP:
[cheesy]
I told my girl that I love her after we've been together for something like 2 or 3 days. We got together after we've know eachother for like 5 days or somethinmg like that. So things went pretty fast over here.

That has been 7 1/2 years ago and I still feel my love for her is growing every day.

So maybe it's just not the right person for you. I felt the need to say it when I did.
[/cheesy]

Is simply only a friend for you...there is nothing wrong. You should broke with her because the more you continue this "fake" relationship, the more it will be tought for you/her.
When I met my girfriend I said I love her after 1 or 2 days...if after 1-2 years you can't say it...she should not be your gf.

Yeah, if you havnt said it after 3 years or whatever I think its time to throw in the towel.

I told my girlfriend I loved her after about a week or 2? Been together 2 and a half years now and all is gravy :)

Wow, thanks for the replies, guys. I really can't imagine loving someone after only a few days though.

I'm afraid that if I leave her, maybe I'll just further realize that I do have too high of standards to allow myself to love someone. And maybe she is the closest to 'loving' another person I am capable of. Also, maybe no other girl will love/appreciate me as much as she does. We both know that she's waiting for me to reach that level, and the fact that she is still waiting means a lot.

Eh, time for some Decapitated.

Time to break up with your girl. It's a waste of time being with someone you're not in love with imo. It's unfair to both you. You'll never find the right one if you're taken and she'll have less time to find the right one if you keep leading her on.

Ding ding ding ding, this man is spot on.
Also, explain to her why so at least she understands.
Once the breakup is final, CUT CONTACT WITH HER ENTIRELY.
I cannot stress how important that is.
If you do not do that and remain "friends", it's gonna end up with her trying to make you feel guilty about it and also her not being able to move on properly.
You're not being a dick by doing this, and just make sure to get in the mindset of knowing it will be better for both parties in the long run.

@SocialNumb-if he really is: damn christians!

@Mago-hard gay 3 <===8 ...but I am like you...

@OP either the other guys are right and you should leave her, or you should try to really open yourself
to her, if that doesn't help, leave her then...sorry bro

I'm definitely not a homosexual. And I understand where you guys are coming from - 3 years is not a short amount of time! But do any of you guys see my logic in it's maybe possible for me to develop stronger feelings down the road? Especially since I've never felt love for anyone before?

I'm definitely not going to break up w/ her because of this post, but I value your opinions.

I prefer StefTD's advice and will try to open myself to her more. It's also difficult because we've been long distance for over a year now.

Yeah man, if you can't say it after almost 3 years, something's not right. Me and my ex were saying it after probably a month or 2. That "relationship" barely lasted 5 years, and I still don't understand why she would "fall out of love" and leave someone that treated her like a queen. Girls are fucking nutcases.

Could also be a language thing.
You're from Kuwait?
Because saying I love you in norwegian is... more sticky and meaningful than in english, it's not just a word you just throw around :)
In english it's like "HILOL I LOVE U", but it's kinda wierd doing so in norwegian and maybe it's like that in.. kuwaitian:)grin:) too.

Because saying I love you in norwegian is... more sticky and meaningful than in english, it's not just a word you just throw around :)

i think it's exactly the same thing in finnish. you'll always need to be having some sort of "moment" to say it

there are some other examples as well... such a fucking clunky language :yuk: