EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
Well.. i just heard some Textures....

IMO, Sikth is .... lets just say imo that

Sikth > Textures.

But then again.. Cynic > The genre.

Hehe.

Textures is like this new thing I'm not aware of.. I pulled some stuff, and I really do feel as though they are late bearers of Cynic/Sikth....

PS - no one ever wins.

Lee_B said:
They piss on Textures from a very great height indeed.

you obvioulsy haven't seen textures live yet..:cry: its not funny how good those guys are dude.. only the drummer alone pisses on sikth from a great height.best drummer i have seen in a LOOONNNGGG time.:worship:

Perhaps I missed this, but what do Textures have to do with Sikth? I happen to like both. Apples and oranges.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but here's my general opinion:
respecting musicians > putting them down
everything > asking "who is better?" :yuk:

p.s. I'm not trying to be the Textures fanboy. I just don't see the need...

edit: haha the Dutchies are revolting!

I'm sorry...but who are these bands again? Lol, I have never heard any of the three bands you guys are talking about....However, I am interested. Not for sake of joining in the discussion, but rather to listen to some new music. Any of them have a myspace or similar page? Clips on their sites?

~006

Check out Cynic !!! Amazing band (including Death, Pestilence and Atheist members), kind of progressive jazzy experimental death metal, very unique... They released an album called "Focus" in 1992 on Roadrunner and that's it... This album has recently been remastered and rereleased.

http://www.cynicalsphere.com/

PS : "Focus" is on my Top 3 all time favorite albums !!!

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Check out Cynic !!! Amazing band (including Death, Pestilence and Atheist members), kind of progressive jazzy experimental death metal, very unique... They released an album called "Focus" in 1992 on Roadrunner and that's it... This album has recently been remastered and rereleased.

http://www.cynicalsphere.com/

PS : "Focus" is on my Top 3 all time favorite albums !!!

So which is the one to get? The old or the new master?

Couldn't find any clips of Cynic. However, I did listen to all of the mp3's for textures. While I do realize their talent as musicians, generally speaking, their music seems to be unorganized and rushed. I listen to a lot of very fast music, and this isn't by any means some of the fastest I've heard. The thing is...the other music that I listen to that is much faster, sounds much more organized than this. It's like they just threw a bunch of crap together and then recorded it. I dunno. I guess it's cool. Just not for me.

~006

Hammer Bart said:
So which is the one to get? The old or the new master?

The new has 3 remixed tracks and 4 tracks from the Portal demo (the band that arose from the ashes of Cynic with 3/4 members, even though the music is pretty different). I don't know if you could find the old one anymore though.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
The new has 3 remixed tracks and 4 tracks from the Portal demo (the band that arose from the ashes of Cynic with 3/4 members, even though the music is pretty different). I don't know if you could find the old one anymore though.

Thanks. I see the old release on several webstores for less than 13 euro's including shipping.

006: there are some very short lofi samples at:
http://www.nlstore.nl/shop3/shopexd.asp?id=348199

I also don't get the Textures comparison... different styles entirely.

Coincidentally, I have a SikTh logo on the back of my favorite sweatshirt, with a Textures logo on the front. ;) Then again, the SikTh is right between a Death logo and a FellSilent logo.