Single Most Powerful moment in an Opeth song

RB2610

Dec 6, 2008
What are yours?

For me it is the tiny bit on the piano at 5:18 on Hessian Peel, there is just something about it that I find very moving, and I feel very sad for just a moment before the guitars come back in. Truely amazing I think.

Personally, that suspended bend on the 2nd solo of Deliverance (around 8:35 or something i think) when everything goes quiet but the lead guitar is maybe not that emotional but quite epic.

5 for me:

1. Raven faced she said my name and the ensuing riff.

2. Every second of demon.

3. HHHHIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRRR, and the guitar solo.

4. The end of TNATSW.

5. The end of TDF

What are yours?

For me it is the tiny bit on the piano at 5:18 on Hessian Peel, there is just something about it that I find very moving, and I feel very sad for just a moment before the guitars come back in. Truely amazing I think.

argh, it's an aweaweaweawesome moment, I totally fucking agree

I can't think clearly now and I don't think I can narrow down a huge list, there are stupidly many of them, but just to name some:

- The Grand Conjuration: THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (I move away from the mic to breathe in) RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

- The Drapery Falls: The moment where the intro riff comes in as an outro

- April Ethereal: "I don't know HOOEAAWWWW WHOAEAAAAEAEAEYYYY and I'lll NEEEV-VAH!!!! know when"

- Heir Apparent: "and again he rides in..."

- Blackwater Park: basically every moment in the last minutes of the song are super intense

Under The Weeping Moon from 7:50 onwards (the live version, not the studio version). Incredible.

Also, the acoustic bit from A Fair Judgement.

Godheads Lament from the solo to the end of the acoustic section is just amazing.

End of Karma
Blackwater Park " PROBING VOMITS; FOR MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Wreath ending, where the main riff is repeated.

Blackwater Park

SICK LIAISONS RAISED THIS MONUMENTAL MAAAARK - THE SUN SETS FOREVER OVER BLACK WATER PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

April Ethereal

The rain was waving goodbye, and when the night came
The forest folded it's branches around me.
Something passed by, and I went into a dream.
She laughing and weeping at once: "TAKE ME AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY".

NOTHING compareable in any song in this world

Nobody mentioned "It always burns within, the downward spiral never ends..."...

The whole Blackwater park song probably, especially "Probing vomits, for mooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeee"

Oh yeah, and "Ghost of perdition, A saints premonition, unclear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- The Grand Conjuration: THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (I move away from the mic to breathe in) RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

this made my day, thank you :lol:

Tay Zonday for pure metal :kickass:

EPIC MOMENTS

The Leper Affinity : "Lost are days of Spring (...)"
Ghost of Perdition : "The fantasm of your mind (...)"
Blackwater Park : "The sun sets forever over blackwater park (... + riff after)"
Bleak : Right before the second chorus, most epic Opeth moment!
April Ethereal : "It is a mere destiny I thought (... + solo and riff after)"
White Cluster : "Beckoning right behind me (... + solo and after)"
Wreath : "Calling me back closer to bleak matters (...)"
Windowpane : The riff right before the second solo + the solo, wow!
Heir Apparent : Last riff.