Slaaaaaayer !!!!!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Well, Hawk is a bit knocked out by a busy scedule and sleeping now before we go to another concert... here's a little review of the Hatebreed/Slayer/Slipknot concert yesterday..... No pics as such big concerts don't allow pics to be taken I didn't take the camera, but we'll take some pics from us together later....Hawk had a bit a connection problem with busses and I could just pick him up 15 minutes before we left to the concert. First let me say this; Hawk is a fucking walking metal encyclopedia !!!! I feel soooo stupid when he just tells all the titles and performers on about any metal record. So I will just give you a short review and leave the complete talk to Hawk.
First up was Hatebreed, not much to tell, was pretty boring to me. A metal band that doesn't play ANY guitar solo's doesn't score high in my book. When they asked "You wanne hear some oldschool?" and than played just another song like every other we were lauging a bit, what did he mean by that?
Next up Slayer, it was 19 years ago since I saw them and Hawk and I had big expectations...Man , did we get a great gig here !!! This band is as strong as 20 years ago, sound was very good and they played a perfect set. In the middle speed got down a bit quickly regained full speed. We watched pretty close and Hawk just sang along every word of the songs and banged his head of !! Let's give a big applause to Helicopter man here !!!! (that's what they called him when he still had his long hair). My friends were prettty amazed by this old Dutch chap I brought along and his metal knowledge. Was along time since I felt the air pressure coming out of the sound system that hard and it felt good, damn good...Sorry Abryl, please let me get on my knees and ask again to remove your "Slayer Sucks" signature :loco: ....They fucking don't !!!!!! :headbang:
Next up was Slipknot, after a bad intro song, they played a good song or two and than went down like a rock, absolutely shit music!! Sounds like one line of sound and that's it.
But we had a GREAT night , really, Slayer was awesome. Biggest downlet for me was I saw so much blood on one night like I ever saw in the 80's. Hey , I remember we had some decent moshing in the 80's, but this is just stupid violence, no moshing...One asshole with blooded head even grabbed the 12 yr old son of my friend and tried to pull 'm along...In jumped the Hawkman and Nutty to keep 'm off the kid. Like what's the point of this?
On the way home Hawk found a grate mate of discussion about 70's-80's hardrock with my friend, who seemed to have very similar tast in music like him. I think we arrived at home at 1 or so and talked an houre or so before going to bed.
This morning I showed Hawkman some rare Belgian prog-rock records. Afternoon we left for the LSP metal shop. The DVD section is pretty small, not much to get there. When I was browsing the vinyl I jumped onto the first Stampede live-record. This is an awesome 1982 NWOBHM record that you guys really need to hear. But I'm afraid it isn't on CD yet and hard to find the vinyl too. (I'll rip it digitally for the SS - users) I also bought the new Silent Force CD. Well, I think I should have listened first, at first listen it is not as good as there previous work. But I need to give it a second listen first to say it's good or bad. Got my Exciter tickets too, for the show in 2 weeks.Hawk got hold of a good Belgian Metal Mag called "Rock Tribune" wich has an awesome full color layout. One of the best metal mags I ever saw, but it's in Dutch, so not of that much interest for you guys.

You'll hear more of us tomorrow !! :wave:

Sounds like an awesome night Carnut! :headbang:
Did Slayer play a lot of older material?

Carnut said:
When they asked "You wanne hear some oldschool?" and than played just another song like every other we were lauging a bit, what did he mean by that?

:lol:

Igor_Cavalera said:
Sounds like an awesome night Carnut! :headbang:
Did Slayer play a lot of older material?
Yes, they played ALOT of old material !!!!!!!! :headbang:
Hawk will fill you in on all the songs they exactly played, sure he remembers the hole playlist.
Crazy man, I also can't wait to get hold of the new DVD as they play all this old stuff. The DVD wasn't for sale at the show yet.

For those interested this was the Slayer setlist.... :headbang:

Disciple
War Ensemble
Hell Awaits
Kill and kill again
At dawn they sleep
Fight till death
Mandatory Suicide
Hallowed Point
Dead Skin Mask
Seasons in the abyss
Chemical Warfare
Hell Awaits
South of heaven
Angel of death
Postmortem
Raining Blood

Sweet! I can't fucking wait until I see them Friday night now. I hope they throw Dittohead into the set. I love that track. :headbang: