SLATE DRUMS EX - $20 on audiomidi.com

This was a breeze to install for me, once I got the files, just extract from all the ZIPs, install, the RTAS appears in Protools, and then authorize via the Service Center. This is on my Mac Pro, so I guess its not applicable to the windows guys, but it was brutally easy for me.

If you've tried to download the files days ago and 3 days are already passed, it works no more. So you have to restart the procedure from Name, Second name etc....they send you a new mail with new username and password.

I got the, "We're moving this to a new server, so try again in 24 hours," message, and when I tried again a little while later, I got 404ed. Meh.

Put the VSTi .dlls (in the installation directory, mine was in Program files (x86)\Native Instruments\Kontakt 3\) to your VST library which Cubase scans/uses. Then update the VST plugins... Had to do this with Sonar as well.

Next, have you added the 'Steven Slate Drums EX Library' in Kontakt 3?

STANDALONE Kontakt 3

Capture1.png

When you have added it, click on the Database tab.

Capture2.png

Then choose the kit you want to use by double clicking it.

After being a computer nerd for quite some time, I can say this is ridiculously difficult to install. I almost feel like through this whole process, they want my money, but not for me to use the product.

After waiting 3 days for a working download, and then going through a couple e-mails with support, as well as multiple different non-functional download links, I finally got everything downloaded. Then after unzipping 6 files, and unzipping the files in those files, and the files in those files, and extracting them all to one folder, then after installing SSD and Kontakt, and after creating a NI account, and after registering SSD through NI Service Center, I'm stuck.

I can't figure out how to get it loaded into Cubase 5, according to the instructions: "Steven Slate Drums 3.5 should be automatically added to your DAW plug-in directory and will be available to be selected and/or inserted into a Software Instrument Track."........This is incorrect, it's not available in my VSTi dropdown menu. In addition to that, when I load Kontakt, it is no where to be found on the Kontakt screen either.

To make matters worse, the first instruction says: "Click the Library Tab on the left browser screen." and includes the following picture:
xm76og.jpg

And here is what my kontakt (installed from Slates package) looks like:
10pwtnm.jpg

Help, anyone?

I ordered yesterday and within 15 mintues I was downloading. The downloading took around 6 hours but there where no problems. I already had Kontakt 4 installed. SSD was recognized as soon as I opened it up, I registered it with the service center and was up and running.

Thanks Steven for this great opportunity to be able to use some of your stuff for cheap! I know the intention here was probably to get people to hear it so they'll buy the extension packs, and I probably will pick up a couple in the future.

It sounds pretty great right out of the box. Here's a sample below. The first section is SSDEX, the second is DFH that I've been using for a while now - then the whole thing is repeated. SSd is the hybrid metal kit right out of the box, DFH has countless hours spent mixing and EQing to get it to sound decent. I can't wait to get in and getting SSD fully EQ'd and mixed properly. I'm so happy now!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3406793/SlateVSezd%20test.mp3

you should get a 2nd confirmation email with the password in. Finally got this downloaded, barely played with it but it sounds awesome! Just need to get some drum maps sorted.

I am having problems... where is the passcode? I got three emails:

- paypal receipt
- "Steven Slate Drums EX No Brainer Confirmation" from aMDownloads@audioMIDI.com
- "audioMIDI.com Order Confirmation - Order Number 317XXX" from sales@audiomidi.com

but I didn't see the passcode anywhere

same here. I have been waiting since sat. night. Its dissapointing to hear other people ordered after me and have already recieved theirs :(

and service center is certainly a bitch! when I installed battery 3 I was getting stuck in a loop where service center would say that it needs to update to a later version, then when it finished updating it would tell em to restart, at which point the process would start all over again.

service center is balls. native instrument is balls.

Youll get an email titled Steven slate drums no brainer blah blah WITH PASSCODE...so just wait for that email and then you should have what you need to move forward

Can someone answer me this question?

I´m NOT online with the PC I work with in the Studio. Will I be able to use Steven Slate, or will I get problems installing the programm without internet connection?

I guess this all still needs to die down a little more before we get an email in regards to the wav / gog files

I already sent me email about them days ago, just hopin to hear something before having to write another