Slayer/Hatebreed sold out in Cincinnati

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Well this sucks. My friend went to get our tix yesterday and they are all sold out. Why are they touring together in such small places? Slayer and Hatebreed are big enough that they could play bogarts on their own. It seems if they were together they should play 2500-5000 size places.

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
I wish Anthrax could tour with Slayer - both could do a 90 min show - how much would that rip them doing a co-headline show .....and give Thrax some more exposure than they're getting touring as sole headliners......

TD said:
Scalpers are always out in front of those venues, and they are usually quite reasonable. I've never paid over face value for a club show. Esp, if you show up a couple of hours after the doors open. SOLD OUT means nothing to me.
No shit. I can't remember the last time I bought tickets for anything in advance. AnYTHING. sporting event/show, what have you

Cleveland was oversold and sold out. I heard a rumor that some tix were being sold outside for 75-100 bucks. Some dudes drove in from Buffalo and one guy didn't have a ticket. He was trying to get a scalped one. I believe the Agora holds about 2100 or so and the guess was 2500 or so tix got sold??

The show was awesome by the way. Slayer and Hatebreed were awesome. New Hatebreed came out on Tuesday but I have not had time to pick it up.

I don't think I have ever seen Slayer panties and thongs before this show. :tickled: I picked up a pair of shot glasses for my next Jaeger fix.

They gave away Jaeger amps in between sets but I didn't get one.

I really don't understand how they didn't find a bigger venue but the show didn't sell out until a few days before. I think the magazine advertising must have kicked in. THere are ads in Stuff and Maxim and FHM and other mags.

I would pay over face value for Slayer, but I doubt you'd have to. Assuming Slayer come on around 9:15, if you get to the venue at 8:30, scalpers, er ugh, "ticket brokers" will be getting antsy to recoup some of their $$$$ and they will be giving them away. I always wait until after the 1st quarter of a football game if the price is to high. Tix go way down after the event starts. Metal concerts are usually cheap anyway. I got into TON and Misfits one year for 5 bones. I got into Danzig and Prong for 10. Living Colour cost me about 7, Cheap Trick was 4 for 10 from a broker last spring. Nothing to worry about.