Sleepy Hollow

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
wow, after watching sleepy hollow, i was left drooling at the background scenery and wishing i was there.

the scenery, like the woods were exactly like on the BWP album covers, once again i drool at the thought of living in those times where everything is dark, grey, creepy, mouth wateringly dark and atmospheric.

anyway i will shut up now, sorry for wasting your time with my stupid oppinions that no one cares to hear.

A lot of people did not like Sleepy Hollow. I for one just absolutely loved it. I feel it is one of Tim’s best movies, and of course the score is amazing. I love everything Danny Elfman does, but the score to SH is up there with his best work, Edward Scissorhands. Sleepy Hollow the movie is all about atmosphere and the suggestive. It does not hand you a typical story and force feed it to you, but lets the viewer fill in a lot of it. It is not the best movie ever made, or even top 50, but it is a great movie that I love to watch.

Sleepy Hollow was simply a beautiful film. The atmosphere that Tim Burton creates is so dream like but feels real at the same time and just pulls you in. And Christina Ricci is in it. Thats always a plus:D. I agree that it's up there with Edward Sissorhands, but my all time favorite Burton flick is The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I would rate them

1. Edward Sissorhands (the score pushes it into 1st)

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas

3. Sleepy Hollow

If Opeth ever did make a music video, Tim Burton would make a great director.

I remember watching that movie in the theatres and coming to the quick realization that it's all about the cinematography. I didn't find the script, the acting (a rare kinda blah performance by the usually brilliant Johnny Depp, I thought) and other such elements to be all that great, but man, did it look beautiful. The pulled-back approach shots on the way into sleepy hollow, the riding through the foggy forest, just everything looked so cool.

I want to know where that movie was filmed (I'm assuming a fair deal of it was on location) and travel there and take pictures, dammit.