So, Do you think Pinella is milles away from Jordan technically??

MorphineChild205 said:
And yes, they SHOULD have kept Kevin Moore. He was one damn good songwriter.

It wasn't a matter of them keeping him or not. He quit the band himself. As far as the showing off thing goes...SyX's solo sections have usually been way more like extended Yngwie-esque solo spots where theres trade offs and whatnot. In Dream Theater theres a lot more parts where the entire band plays stuff technically challenging all at once.

So, Do you think Pinella is milles away from Jordan technically??

The answer is YES. It's FACT people, not a matter of taste! It's SICK how great this guy is! And I've had the honor of speaking to him... *I'm not worthy*. Look, just because you like a band doesn't mean you have to raise everything they do to the skies. No band is too holy and there is always someone better.

Since I LOVE "Images and Words" because of the taste of sweetness it leaves behind, and it was much thanks to Kevin, I agree he fitted better. But DT have taken on a much more adult and professional sound and therefore Jordan is perfect in the current line-up. But it may be because of him that they sound that way, don't know. Anyway, there is no challenge for Jordan in DT, the guy is just playing around compared to the other guys. Anyone heard Dixie Dregs? Well, there you go.

Macy said:
Welcome to the northern parts of the world. You won't find any polar bears here though. :D

Really? Crap. Never mind then.
grumble.gif

:)

Polyeidus said:
Dude. You're in a band, right? Well, if ever you need a replacement on bass guitar, I'm moving to Norway! (I'm not kidding!)

!!!!!! Yes, I`m in a band, and we have a bassist; for now at least. But come on, it wasn`t that good! o_O Well, thanks a lot, anyhow!

What kind of music does your band play Harp?
Anyway, you`re more than welcome to come down to Hordaland and jam with my band(we play sort of a Symx similar style of music)we ccould really use a keyboardist!

In what world does JP wanks more than MR ? mars maybe ... or you probably only heard a couple of DT songs ... ever heard about an album called falling into infinity ?(witch everyone hates and i love)

I honestly dont like jordan in DT, i love him in LTE though ... and he's far superior technicaly than Pinella no doubt ...

shredmaster said:
What kind of music does your band play Harp?
Anyway, you`re more than welcome to come down to Hordaland and jam with my band(we play sort of a Symx similar style of music)we ccould really use a keyboardist!

My band plays Pain of Salvation-influenced (hell, we`re clones) prog-metal. We`ve only been playing with the line-up we have now for three months or so, but we`re pretty tight already, have about 4 songs written, two of them rehearsed, in addition to a cover of Andromedas "Parasite".

How about your band? I would love to get down and jam, but in my experience, the costs outweigh the actual gain when dealing with those sort of situations. I once went down to Bergen to play with a guy, and while it was really fun, it was 1600 NKR for...some fun and a friendship which I`ve kept to this day. You`ve got any soundclips of your band?

Well, my band consists of me (sologuitarist) another guitarist(rythm) drums and bass, we have been playing for a while now, mostly coversongs, but nowadays i have come up with alot of new stuff we play in tha band. It`s not very original, with the standard phrygian solo sections and the Malmsteen sort of feel from the band (except the odd numbers we do). We get to play out occasionally, but not very much lately since most people down here aren`t into our type of music. Unfortunately, we havent got any clips from the band, but i have recorded some of my own playing, and that should give you some idea of how the band sound, i`m not sure how i `m gonna get them out on the internet, but i`ll try. Anyway, it would be great if i could hear some of your bands music, even though the chances are minimal that we`lll be able to play together. :erk: