I really did not like this comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macy said:
Your story is very captivating but had you understood my post, and this goes to everyone who says there is no "best band", you would have realized that what I said was that there is no such thing, but there are certain things that make one band better than the other, within certain measures that have been set by us. The first point, which of course also is the most important, was that it is up to everyone individually to say what the best band is. READ.

The reason I said that SX isn't the best band is not that the band hasn't brought "joy to my life", but because many of you were arguing about who is a better musician, technically, and that, at least is something that can not be argued, after set standards. And from that point of view SX isn't the best band on the planet. That is not something I've made up but something that any reasonable musician can agree with. No one listens to music better than I do, and that is something that each of us have the right to say. Had I said "Inferno" is their best song, no one would have given a shit, right? But there are some people who refuse to understand a point and disagree only to disagree instead of spending a bit of their energy to figure out what someone is trying to say.

:confused:

Que?

Awww, Harpie and his grammaticly advance, opinionated observations. Your too smart for me with words like "infallibility'' and "rigority".
Awww, just shut up. You know I pwn ur @$$ :D

Symphony X aren't the best band in the world technically. But no-one is denying that (well, maybe Luis ;)). Symphony X however could be someone's favourite band and there's nothing wrong with that.

Cyclopssss said:
Jesus Christ, Jax lifts her heels for three seconds and you guys are already at it... :tickled:

No kiddin..jeez..

I have to say I'm impressed at how long ya'll managed to be civil to each other (thank you!), but now the condescending BS is rearing its ugly head, so I'll ask nicely for you all to play nice or play elsewhere. :)

Perfect answer KBR.

Ok, Harp Heaven, this ones for you

Awww, Harpie and his grammaticaly advance and opinionated observations. You'r too smart for me with words like "infallibility'' and "rigority".

hehehe.

Polyeidus said:
Macy: No one listens to music better than I do...

Oh, really? And why is that? Are you somehow a genius time traveler, who has lived more than the mere human does?

And the rest of it says:
...and that is something that each of us have the right to say

This is exactly what I meant when I said that some of you should put down some energy on understanding what someone is saying rather than thoughtlessly flaming people. For me I'm the best listener, for you it's Mr. Polyeidus etc. GET THE POINT FOR ONCE.

Oh, and Harp Heaven, why did you start something you knew you wouldn't finnish? Did you think that your fancy words and gestapo-style would scare me off? Think again. And don't even bother to respond because I see that you're more stubborn than a billion donkeys put together, therefore, thank you and good bye. :wave:

Macy said:
Oh, and Harp Heaven, why did you start something you knew you wouldn't finnish? Did you think that your fancy words and gestapo-style would scare me off? Think again. And don't even bother to respond because I see that you're more stubborn than a billion donkeys put together,(the sentence should have ended here and is therefore grammatically incorrect) therefore, thank you and good bye. :wave:

What the fuck? What the hell are you trying to say? You were, as far as I saw, trying to argue an objective measure for what good music is (providing several points who were not objective and empirically provable constants) and if they thought Symphony X were the best band in the world (meaning, in my vernacular, that they are the band in the world that the person likes the most), they were WRONG and should broaden their horizons. To say so is viciously arrogant and that`s why I gave a retort. If this whole thing amounted to a misunderstanding, then I`m very sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.