So does anyone here not actually drink?

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
More then long hair,more then black clothes,more then corpse paint or whatever,the one trait I've noticed most about metal fans (and players) is the amount they fucking drink.
With this in mind,am I the only metal head who does'nt care for alcohol?
This is certainly not intended as a flame post in anyway but whenever I go to a concert I see countless people too fucking legless and inebriated with whatever cheap piss they bought at the bar,to even notice whats going on music wise.
Gig after gig,after gig,after gig...
I just love the music and watching the musicians play.
I have nothing against people who drink but the "Total,real fucking death metal/Drink/Pussy" attitude that metal seems to carry around with it is wearing thin on me.
In a lot of cases,there is too much testosterone,too little content.
I realise my last point is'nt entirely to do with alcohol but its all from the same tree.
Eamonn

i imbibe spririts but shows is usually not where i do it, unless its some shitty show that i dont care about, for example six feet under. my band opened and then we just hung out and had some beers before leaving. I dont drink all the time either. Occasionly i'll have a beer after work or somethign or i'll have a few at a party. but i'm in control of it. I dont touch any other drugs besides alchohol, however. Weed is something i dont understand.

Our guitarist doesnt drink,..,.i do.,.but i draw the line there.,.,weed fucks with my guitar playing.,.,it stops me from progressing at all.,.,i cant play drunk either.,.,

I drink but not in concerts
I am therefor the show and there's no point in getting too wasted to even notice it
but I do drink ocassionally

I used to drink, but pretty much quit by the time I was around 23.

Too much carnage, fear and loathing...

Too many firends in comas, traction, in intensive care, wrapped around trees, etc...

I love drinking...!!!
I´m pretty intelligent and I´m no alcoholic, but I love to intoxicate my mind with alcohol...

To let loose of control and bounds, and act like the hidden truth inside you tells you to do is more than fantastic...

CHEERS!!!

Yes, I love to drink. Give me a Miller Lite or a Crown & Coke, and I'll be happy. I learned to drink back in college, when I was a member of a Fraternity. Damn I miss those days.

THe way I see it, drinking does my body good. THey say dinking kills brain cells. Well, when I drink I must be killing the stupid brain cells, so all that's left are the smart brain cells. Everyone should drink. *pours a drink under desk at work*

Dreamlord: I used to think you had some strange ideas, but I'm starting to agree with you more and more. I too found myself drowning in a bottle of bourbon a time or two while in a fraternity in college. Those were the good ol' days. Where'd you go to college? I went to Kansas State University.

npearce: What strange ideas? :D I went to Sam Houston State University. It's in Huntsville, TX (about 1.5 hours North of Houston). Huntsville is where they execute all the prisoners.

I work with a guy who went Kansas State. He was also in a Fraternity.

What Frat were you in?

Don't laugh: The Frat was FarmHouse. I joined because a guy I wanted to be in a band with was in that Frat already. It was a good expereince. A lot of fun.

I was just kidding about the "strande ideas".

I was in Delta Tau Delta. At first I didn't want to hang out with the guys because of all that hazing I went through. It was pure hell. But I made it, moved to the house(only 9 guys can live there at once), and probably had the two greatest semesters of my life.

I hate though, when people say, "Joining a fraternity is like buying your friends". Bullshit. There is no rule that says I have to like all my frat bros. Hell, I hated a bunch of them.

BTW, I thought you were moving.

I have to wait one more year before I can move. . . It's a wife thing. She is in graduate school and won't graduate until June 2003. My options are wide open for places to relocate to. Of course, I will want to find a good job, but I don't want to move to another place like I live right now. Women can talk men into some crazy things. Actually, you wouldn't think Wichita is that bad, but I can't even find an issue of Terrorizer within 100 miles. The local Barnes and Noble stopped carrying it. I think I was the only one buying it. I could go on and on about how shitty Wichita is, but I would risk getting seriously violent. I am at work now, so that is not a good thing.

Hey, I'm in Houston (The fattest, most un-clean air city in America). My girlfirend is still in college in Huntsville and doesn't graduate until December. So we're doing the long-distance thing. It sucks. As far as moving, I wouldn't mind moving to Austin or San Antonio. Both are so much nicer than Houston. DO you know where you want to move?

About Terrorizer. The only place that carries Terrorizer near me is Hastings in Huntsville, and they are usually a month behind. www.metaldisc.com carries all the latest issues of Terrorizer (w/out the CD of course), Unrestrained, and BW&BK. Just a reminder. They also have back issues for reasonable prices.