So

Why would you question any of the 3's availability? Doubt Warrel would come here and ask specifically ask which former guitarist would we like to see back and tosses in a smyth not an option comment if they weren't avail.

It's pretty obvious they have expressed interest and are making themselves available if the opportunity arises.

Duh.

I still want Calvert.

Why would you question any of the 3's availability? Doubt Warrel would come here and ask specifically ask which former guitarist would we like to see back and tosses in a smyth not an option comment if they weren't avail.

It's pretty obvious they have expressed interest and are making themselves available if the opportunity arises.

Duh.

I still want Calvert.

still don't think pat would ever leave cc. from what i understand the dude love shooting guns, drinking beer, playing death metal and is in one of the biggest death metal bands on the planet. can't imagine anything tearing someone like that away from it haha

as totally stupid as this sounds it'd be cool to see chris back in nevermore. i know now that he's in megadeth that'll never happen, but he's so insanely talented i wish we could've seen more of what he could've done, and i doubt he's getting in any songs in megadeth. no denying its a sweet gig playing solos that are probably effortless for him, with one of the best bands ever and getting paid probably a decent amount, but still if allowed full solo creative ability in a band that is more oriented towards the technical that'd be prety badass.

still don't think pat would ever leave cc.
Agreed. Didn't the guy quit Nevermore to join CC in the first place?

Also, I can't help but laugh at the guy who thinks all three of these guitarists are ready and chomping at the bit to re-join the band. Get real, man. I mean pipe dreams and fantasies are fun and all, but you need to spend some time with reality too. To think this thread is anything more than Warrel stirring the forum pot is wishful thinking. My first impression when I read this thread was that he was asking a fun question to spark up some conversation and possibly get some LOLs at how seriously it could be taken. Until he says anything else, there's no reason (for me at least) to believe any of those dudes would be likely to end up in the band again.

To join the discussion, I wish Smyth was an option. I think he's a great guitarist, wrote good songs and was a really nice guy. He was always super cool to me when he was around and I have zero idea what happened to cause this fallout amongst him and the band. It sucks, but I don't really care to know why because it's none of my concern. I just know he was rad to me and shredded the axe tough. TGE is one of my favorite NM albums.

Tim or Pat would be great.
I persoanlly think the writing and the "vibe" on Politics is some of Nevermores best stuff,
so if Pat would be able to do it , he'd be my first choice.
for me it's a tough call as I don't know the actual breakdown of who did what when they were writing POE and DNB.
both such good CDs it's kind of a no lose situation with either guy.

still don't think pat would ever leave cc. from what i understand the dude love shooting guns, drinking beer, playing death metal and is in one of the biggest death metal bands on the planet. can't imagine anything tearing someone like that away from it haha

as totally stupid as this sounds it'd be cool to see chris back in nevermore. i know now that he's in megadeth that'll never happen, but he's so insanely talented i wish we could've seen more of what he could've done, and i doubt he's getting in any songs in megadeth. no denying its a sweet gig playing solos that are probably effortless for him, with one of the best bands ever and getting paid probably a decent amount, but still if allowed full solo creative ability in a band that is more oriented towards the technical that'd be prety badass.

Chris is great at what he plays, but Chris produced some gag worthy live performances. Attila has it all over Chris when it comes to playing previously written NM songs. I've seen Chris play his original stuff and he is amazing, but when he tries to play others music, it's almost painful sometimes. Example: Year of the Voyager and whatever live videos you can find on youtube.

Why do you think Pat HAS to leave CC to write/play with Nevermore? I think CC toured for all of 30 days in 2011?