So

Egh, yeah, Broderick... He's a cool guy, no doubt. And insanely good, but.. Yeah, in Nevermore, his playing wasn't great. And his backing vocals were, uh... interesting.

John, off the top of my head, i'm sure he wrote No More Will. I thiiink he did All Play Dead. maybe Death of Passion? Really wouldn't be surprised if Cenotaph was his, too. I asked him which songs he wrote via Facebook, but he never replied.

John, off the top of my head, i'm sure he wrote No More Will. I thiiink he did All Play Dead. maybe Death of Passion? Really wouldn't be surprised if Cenotaph was his, too. I asked him which songs he wrote via Facebook, but he never replied.

Didn't he also write the main riff for Beyond Within? Kinda sounds more like Loomis though.

Chris is pretty advanced when it comes to technical guitar playing. I don't know how anyone could say he was sloppy. He's pretty polished.

Uhhhhhh have you ever seen Chris play nevermore songs? That's how we can say he didn't fit well. He plays his own shit great. He's not the first guitarist who just can't mimmick someone elses sound just right.

To see someone play it right, see Smyth an Attila.

Well, Broderick gets major stage fright, that probably factors pretty hard into his playing. In his defense. I don't know why, though. The guy practically has mastered the dark side of the force. I'm pretty sure he can use force lightning.

Uhhhhhh have you ever seen Chris play nevermore songs? That's how we can say he didn't fit well. He plays his own shit great. He's not the first guitarist who just can't mimmick someone elses sound just right.

To see someone play it right, see Smyth an Attila.

Yep, seen him live in concert including the dvd show and he nailed pretty much everything. show me a clip you can find of him playing anything incorrectly.

Not incorrectly. Just sloppy. But that's next to Loomis. Obviously, next to a regular dude, he looks like a king. But his playnig just doesn't sound nearly as clean, and his vibrato is pretty plain.

EDIT: If I wasn't at work, I'd go find a video. :p

I don't think Broderick ever sat right in the band. Yeah, he can play damn near anything but he's the type of musician my friends and I refer to as a Berkleefag. All theory and technique but no humanity.

He missed a harmonic or two in the intro and that little lead afterwords felt awkward too. But the stage fright thing might have something to do with it here.

Last edited by a moderator: