SOB official now playing thread

Is that Virgin Black doomy?? I keep seeing them labeled as a doom band so I'm curious.

Dude....where have you been?! The are awesome! I recommend the latest, very symphonic/grandiose and Elegant...and Dying (fantastic). Sombre Romantic is also very good. Can't wait for the other 2 (one is going to be all orchestral and other doom/heaviest yet so they say).

Highly recommended!

That shit is awesome, doomy doom doom/neo-classical

I love that album!

Today I listened to more garth Brooks (ropin' the wind) I have the box set I got like 10 years ago for X-mass. The baby was playing with it, so I said fuck it I'll listen to that shit lol!

Also listened to SOB/Withersoul split

Dude....where have you been?! The are awesome! I recommend the latest, very symphonic/grandiose and Elegant...and Dying (fantastic). Sombre Romantic is also very good. Can't wait for the other 2 (one is going to be all orchestral and other doom/heaviest yet so they say).

Highly recommended!

I always thought they looked sorta fruity and just assumed they probably sounded fruity as well....My bad....I'll check em out now that they have the SoB seal of approval :)

GARTH BROOKS?!? You're too far up north to be a redneck! Besides, the only rednecks in New England are in VT!

Well, the thing is, I used to live in Virginia (1990_ all the kids around there loved him and he was the shit back then, I hated it. I moved back north, and all ofa sudden I missed his gay songs. I got one of the tapes, and that was it! He is not that redneck really. I just dig GB, what can I say! LOL!!!

Today, I listened to Sphynx, Djinn and Emissaries from Melechesh.
I also listened to the new Mithras (yes, again) and the new Immolation.
After hearing the Immolation again, I can say that it is an excellent album, but it doesn't have the greatest sound.
The weird thing is, it's like 40 minutes long, but it only takes up 19 MB

I have been digging the idea of shorter albums lately. 70 minute albums IMHO are just too much. Half way through an album that long, no matter what album, I just have to change it.

Shroud will be doing 45 to 50 minute albums tops, unless we have like bonus stuff or something like that. I don't see where anyone would or could need to hear that much stuff.

As short as they were Reign In Blood, Peace Sells, those records to me "The Classics" were all under or around 30 minutes, and never got old, I wonder if that is why?

Anyway, I listened to talk radio all day with the exception of the last 2 songs on "the spectral sorrows" From yesterday. They were saying how we need to charge people in Boston double the excise tax if you drive an suv/truck or mini van. I was so pissed about that shit, I had to keep listening!

Same thing with me. Of course, there are always exceptions (Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness from GC, Mirror Of Creation:Genesis II from Tomorrow's Eve, and some others for instance), but I really prefer the shorter albums lately. It cuts straight to the point, and many times, I am not really able to sit with an album for an hour. I hate cutting albums in the middle since it takes away from the vibe.
Not to mention that it is very difficult to make enough excellent music to fill an hour on one album, so there is more of a chance for filler.

Today, I listened to Death's Leprosy, Morbid Angel's Domination, Kreator's Coma Of Souls, Believer's Sanity Obscure and Venom's Welcome To Hell (had to listen to Venom since I was going to see Spiderman, which was very disappointing).

Remember how I said I like to mix things up? This week is an exception...

Only been listening to Symphony X and Manticora. Might turn CD changer on shuffle every once in a while for a half an hour, but otherwise just those 2 bands.

...Also listened to SOB/Withersoul split

why? I avoid listening to that at all costs.

lately I've been listening to:
Into Eternity - The Scattering of Ashes
Suffocation - Pierced from Within
Megadeth - United Abominations (unreleased & very disappointing)
Mael Mordha - both albums
Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Dissection - Storm/Somberlain/Reinkhaos
Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion

and a ton more, but all random songs

Ha ha ha, so I am not the only one into shortening up albums! Damn straight!!! I lose the vibe of an album when I stop mid album due to bordum or lack of interest. I have ADD, so there's my reason lol.

You had some good other points too Metal head87!

why? I avoid listening to that at all costs.

No, I love the music, just the production was rushed (Big time) As were the Drum tracks IMHO, ohh and so were you, and Mike, ohh and Me!!!!

Damn you Withersoul!!!!!! LOL

I actually listened to that on a long dark road trip a few months back, and it kicked me in the face!!!! A good release, just not at the point we should be as for production.

Ohh yeah, today I listened to

Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion
New SOB song/working demo (alot)
Some talk radio
Dissection storm of the lights bane

Some here may notice I listen to the Shroud demos a lot, well that's how I step back and seperate myself from the music. It helps me get more ideas and different perspective.

Guitars are 80%, pianos are done, drums are done, synths are 70%, Bass is 75% No vocals or finished lyrics yet. I have about 40 pages of brainstorn/idea lyric stuff but no keepers yet.

I graffitied a pair of jeans with the Sadus logo a few days ago, so I figured it would be fitting to listen to them.

I graffitied a pair of jeans with the Sadus logo a few days ago, so I figured it would be fitting to listen to them.

Ha ha ha, that's awesome!

I loved that band, honestly, I haven't heard them in years. Shit, now I have to get an album or 2

Thanks lol!!!!

Ohh and that message you left on my myspace page was hillarious lol! I forgot to message your page about that one lol

I'll get ya! LOL!!!