SOB official now playing thread

Today I listened to Machinery- Degeneration
Manes- How The World Came To An End
Celtic Frost- Morbid Tales
Voivod- Nothingface
listening to Melechesh's Spynxs right now (Andy's guest solo on Purifier Of The Stars just finished). I'll probably listen to the new Megadeth afterwards

Andy's solo is awesome. He does his neo-classical style, and mixes it with Near-Eastern scales. It's pretty interesting, but only like 20 seconds long.

The new Manes album isn't like Vilosophe. They didn't continue in a BM fashion. It's like a mix of avant-garde, electronica, ambient, a little jazz, even hip hop and rap (on one of the songs). I hated it at first, but it's really growing on me. Very interesting stuff. Every song is completely different than the last. If you have an open mind for this kind of music, you might enjoy it

Today, I listened to the new Megadeth (wasn't able to finish it last night). Pretty good album. Maybe even the best one since RIP. Glen's leads are excellent, I'm glad Dave isn't forcing him to hold back too much.

New Dodheimsgard (or DHG, whatever the fuck they are calling themselves these days). Even though it's only my second listen (not including the stream), I'd still say that I love it. Very experimental, very complicated. Right up there with 666 International. I might even find myself loving this album even more!
Tomorrow's Eve- Mirror's Of Creation: Genesis II. I cannot get enough of this album. One of my favorite prog albums ever released.
Also listened to some random songs from Mercyful Fate, Sacrifice, Dark Tranquillity, and Atheist today.

Dude....where have you been?! The are awesome! I recommend the latest, very symphonic/grandiose and Elegant...and Dying (fantastic). Sombre Romantic is also very good. Can't wait for the other 2 (one is going to be all orchestral and other doom/heaviest yet so they say).

Highly recommended!

So I finally got around to listening to Virgin Black today.....Sorry but I think they sound a little light in the loafers......Shroud is waaaaaay better!

So I finally got around to listening to Virgin Black today.....Sorry but I think they sound a little light in the loafers......Shroud is waaaaaay better!

Shit bro, That is a very big compliment indeed! Thanks bro!

Which one did you hear?

The sheer dynamic and compositions are nothing short of amazing on the Mezzo album. Great guitar tone too. Yeah, the singer aint for everyone (i dig the guy) But give it a chance man.

Today, I listened to the new Megadeth (wasn't able to finish it last night). Pretty good album. Maybe even the best one since RIP. Glen's leads are excellent, I'm glad Dave isn't forcing him to hold back too much.

New Dodheimsgard (or DHG, whatever the fuck they are calling themselves these days). Even though it's only my second listen (not including the stream), I'd still say that I love it. Very experimental, very complicated. Right up there with 666 International. I might even find myself loving this album even more!
Tomorrow's Eve- Mirror's Of Creation: Genesis II. I cannot get enough of this album. One of my favorite prog albums ever released.
Also listened to some random songs from Mercyful Fate, Sacrifice, Dark Tranquillity, and Atheist today.

I need to hear that Megadeth
and the DHG is fucking killer for sure!
I never heard TE before. I may just check them out!

After listening to it again, I think I might go as far as saying that this album surpasses 666 International.
I also love how there are some more tech death influences. Supervillain Serum, or whatever that song is called, is very tech death.

Tomorrow's Eve is pretty heavy, moody, emotional, and epic, and there is no wanking or power metal influences in their sound. Vocals even have a Warrel Dane kind of vibe going on. Their Myspace only has samples of songs though (I think they have one or two full ones though). A very well written and executed album indeed. This album just really grabbed me, and won't let go. It captures every aesthetic that got me into prog in the first place.

That King Diamond song is pretty good. I have very high hopes for the new album. There's quite a lot of hype around it. Besides for the long wait, pretty much everyone that has heard it is saying how incredible it is. That it's among his best albums. While I wasn't so crazy about Abigail II, The Puppetmaster is right up there with Them and even Abigail.
I think Livia is supposed to do vocals here as well.

Today, I listened to
Amorphis- Tales From The Thousand Lakes and Tuonela
Vile- Depopulate and The New Age Of Chaos
Zyklon- Aeon
Zero Hour- Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond
Holy Moses- Queen Of Siam

and I am currently listening to Fortid- Voluspa Part II: Arrival Of Fenris. Excellent folk/black metal.

I actually haven't listened to HOG in a while for some reason. I'll try and listen to it sometime today.
Listening to Abigail right now. I don't even know the ballpark of how many times I have listened to this album. I think it's seriously over 5000 times.

Prior to Abigail, I listened to GSF's The Fate Of Angels and Two Way Mirror
Opeth- Morningrise
Melechesh- Djinn and Emissaries
my alarm clock, consisting of Amon Amarth, Holy Moses, Believer, Celtic Frost, Venom, Mercyful Fate and Dark Tranquillity (I didn't bother listening to the whole playlist, since that would have taken 4 hours or so)

The outro for The Black Horsemen is about to start. I could listen to this solo for hours. This is THE climactic ending to an amazing album/story.
That's the end of another luuuuuullabye, time has come for me to saaaaaay goodniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttttttttttt

Yeah, that song is epic, that's one of the best solos ever, and what a climatic ending indeed!!!!

That song was AMAZING live, I must say!!!!

Today I listened to:

Our Skepicism tribute song "Forge" about 30 times and the cd has 3 master song mixes typed on a sticker that the guy in the studio made, and yup, it got stuck in my cd player! LOL!!!

Either way though, I didn't get sick of hearing it, I honestly think that is our best production as a band yet.

I busted my balls arranging that song too. LOL, The origional is so out of time that there is no real time signature lol. It took me a long ass time to make that drum intro work. and the arangement, is totally re worked with added guitar harmonies, female vocal harmonies, male spoken word and acoustic guitar parts. I guess I am saying that I am actually proud of that one.

All the times I saw King live (3 times), the crowd went insane during the outro!
King's honestly my favorite live band. Celtic Frost and Maiden are right next to him. I've never felt such energy at a show. The interaction between the fans and the band is incredible. I haven't seen too many live bands that really bring it to that level (but from what you all made it seem, November's Doom does that).

Sounds like you went through quite a bit of work. There's nothing like the feeling of completing something you spent a lot of time working on. Looking forward to hearing it

Today, I listened to Fortid's new album (again),
Atheist's Piece Of Time,
Helstar's Burning Star, A Distant Thunder, Remnants Of War and Nosferatu,
Enochiant Crescent's Black Church and
Mercyful Fate's Melissa.

I listened to some random songs from Liege Lord, Wehrwolfe, Tad Morose, Darkthrone and Graveland

Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Sigh - Hangman's Hymn
And that Fortid album with the name too long to type even though I just typed longer then it is. That album does kick ass, I've been saying it since January. But nope, no one listens to me! Bastards.

Voluspa Part II: The Arrival Of Fenris.
It's probably the best folk/black metal album I've heard in a long time.
I don't really remember seeing you talking about it though.

Nevermind. I just searched, and yes, you did mention it quite a few times.