Solo

Jan 3, 2003
Sydney
just wondering what everyone thinks Opeth's best solo is??

mine would have to be the forest solo or the serenity solo, they slay me

also for anyone whos got Dreams D'azure by novembre listen to the song Marea and fast foward to 4 mins 30secs and listen to the freakiest solo in history!!

SPD. Such a warm solo after that totally evil part. And the harmonization at the end..

All though I do have a Affinity for Leper's solo, I must say all the solos on Deliverance are step up from their other lead work. You can tell that Peter and Mike have progressed as guitar players.

I've played the Forest of October solo to death, practicing getting faster on guitar, so it doesn't quite have that punch on me anymore.

I'd have to say the two solos from BRI, and all of the solos from The Funeral Portrait.

Moonlapse said:
I've played the Forest of October solo to death, practicing getting faster on guitar, so it doesn't quite have that punch on me anymore.

I'd have to say the two solos from BRI, and all of the solos from The Funeral Portrait.

I was getting worried that The Funeral Portrait's solos would go unsaid. They've been my favorite for quite some time.

I have learnt all of the SPD solo...so id be bias towards that.
The Lepper Affinity and Forest of October both float my boat quite well..

But the live solo for The Drapery Falls (quite different to on CD) absolutely slays.

The Funeral Portrait (my fav)
Forest Of October
A Fair Judgement
White Cluser

Wait, what.. I changed my mind. I forgot about the Apostle in Triumph one. The long long one at the end. That's it.