Solo

phon1c said:
this guy knows the score.
yes oh yes.

favourite opeth solos:

(in chronological order, no preference)

1. the twilight is my robe about the 8 minute mark
2. black rose immortal - 13 minutes ish
3. demon of the fall melody outro (not really a solo, but great)
4. first solo in godheads lament (then into the melody, then a harmony, amazing)
5.white cluster - fat solo section at the end (very maideny)
6.first solo in leper affinity (says YES WE ARE OPETH FUCK EVERYONE EVER BECAUSE WE ARE OPETH lol)
7.drapery falls outro melody (not really a solo, but awesome)
8.The double pedal on wreath (hey fuck you I'm a drummer lol)
9. the solo after the 'devil' staccato section on deliverance title track
10.A fair judgement solos - all of them, perhaps some of my favourites overall, just amazing feel and execution.
11.by the pain I see in others - about 3 30 I think.
12.the little unison thing on windowpane
13.freaky noises on death whispered a lullaby (sounds like guitar anyway)
14.drums on closure (hey drum solos count, and this song is so owned by martin lopez)
15.hope leaves after about a minute, when the bass comes in and goes bummmmmmmmmmmm....
16.to rid the disease - 3 30
17. ending credits - all of it

shit thats like all of them lol :Spin:

illbeleavinnow said:
Epilogue. :Smug:

But since you fucktards won't agree the song is justo one long, beautiful solo, I'd say Forest of October or A Fair Judgment. Honestly I was never a big fan of Opeth's solos... =/

Probably would agree with that except i am a fan. Love epilogue, Forest of October kicks it, but ya gotta love the leper affinity.

Most of mikaels stuff is nothing but superb! He really has a "unique" feeling... I mean even if it's really simple scales and so on can you actually hear that it's him playing.

My favorites would be The funeral portrait and a fair judgement!

MetalHeadMarc said:
All though I do have a Affinity for Leper's solo, I must say all the solos on Deliverance are step up from their other lead work. You can tell that Peter and Mike have progressed as guitar players.
Yes i can definatly hear that, Mike and Pete must of been practicing a fair bit as the solos on that album are alot more developed than others.
like the solo in A Fair Judgment, probably Mike's best...so emotional (without sounding gay) but he also borders on shred (sometimes) and the Wearth and deliverance are great. But i also dig the ol' favourites like Lepar and Funeral Portrait. But Serinity Painted Death is very 'evil' and then just cuts straight into the melody perfectly. And the opening lead line in Godheads Lamet is very cool too

What the hell happened to The Twilight Is My Robe? That's my favorite solo, but the bad production of Opeth's first three albums constantly gets me down, so The Leper Affinity. AFJ's is good, but too long if you ask me. SPD is an awesome song too.... If I had to recommend two songs to someone new to Opeth, it'd be TLA and SPD. Just because they're real solid songs. And what happened to the solo in White Cluster? Unless someone already mentioned that and I missed it?

However, my favorite one of all time is Birth Pains of Astral Projection by maudlin of the Well and then my second favorite is Fireworks by Angra and then my third favorite is Girl With a Watering Can by maudlin of the Well and then my fourth favorite is Dark Matter by Porcupine Tree and then my fifth favorite is Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation. LIKE YOU FUCKING CARE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!