Some bands on the backburner at the moment...

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I need some help here. I'm working on my small want-list at the moment, but the following bands are kinda my questionable wants after I get my main want list finished. Make sense so far?

Anyway, I haven't heard anything from these bands, so some helpful comments would be...helpful.

(and please no "OMG he's a not-see" comments)

Gontyna Kry
Unleashed
Thor's Hammer (the NSBM band, not the doom band)
Capricornus
Grand Belial's Key

THere are more, but I haven't had lunch yet, so the mind is failing. Thanks for the help. :)

And the old Unleashed works are good death metal (I suppose, death metal is not really my thing and I only have a few tracks on a 4(or 5 or something)-way split LP

I definitely recommend GBK, Judeobeast Assassination and Castrate The Redeemer. They have a more warm/fiery/hellish sound than the cold/wintery feel of most black metal. I guess the closest they can be compared to is Ceremony of Opposites.

Yeah, GBK are great as everyone mentioned already. Very melodic, yet raw. They seem to have some doom and punk influences at certain times as well.

Gontyna Kry are pretty good. Comparable to older Hate Forest, but not really.

Capricornus fucking rule. I know that you would enjoy them very much.

I don't care for Thor's Hammer or Unleashed.

I have Krew Naszych Ojcow by Gontyna Kry. It's good stuff. Half of it is keyboard ambient/sound effects/Polish narration which is really stirring stuff. Not understanding a word of Polish is no handicap for getting into the mood and atmosphere of those parts - very much a case of wintery cold forests! The other half is quite raw, low production Black Metal - not Darkthrone style raw, but very low key all the same - one guitar, everything generally quite simple. Good stuff.