Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Band Name: Ra

Album Name: "From One"

Music Type: Nu influenced Egyptian melody lain metal/rock

Singer: Cross between Chris Cornell and the singer from 3 Doors Down

Guitar - the most influenced by numetal but does have some nice egyptian melodies woven into the music, and every once in a while a solo. He sounds like he could be holding back talent.

Bass - dunno, never been a Bass man and has never really stood out to me from any band cept Spiral Architect and Zero Hour (where they make it obvious)

Drums - pretty good drummer. Some nice fills here and there, some interesting drum patterns and even a little double bass on one or two tracks.

Lyrics - a couple songs are silly but on the whole pretty good from a new band. Some of the songs are about females surprisingly :puke:. not to mean i dont like girls, but everyone and there mother have done songs about the opposite sex. The vocal melodies are really really good and keep me interested in the songs. The slow songs on the album are perhaps my favorite because they are insightful and have a message.

Cost: at Best Buy the cd was 5 dollars. My friend actually got it for me and was a completely blind purchase because i commented i thought the cover art was interesting. I thought they were power metal at first, but then I saw what label they were on and dismissed that idea and thought them numetal. I was going to do some more research on em before i bought the cd, but im glad I have it now :)

Verdict: 7.5/10 Its an enjoyable CD