Some GOOD Metallica news

Listening to Load/Reload they should have kept it as one album and got rid of the crap :)

As long as the new album is aggressive and not crap alt. heavy rock with some country "yeahs" and "baby!" added, I dont forsee Metallica and myself having a problem :)

It is about the music - that's why I think Metallica are such a joke these days. I don't really care what bands look like, but if the music's not up to scratch, all that slick-haired shit is just going to make it seem even worse.

If its about the music, then it shouldn't matter what they look like. And as for the music, I like everything they have done, all I ment to say was, the change in style was only a temporary thing, much like alot of other bands do, just that they haven't done anything since.

I dont know if it was a change in style though really, Load and Reload are just bad copies of the black album :D

Anyway, roll on June 10 and next years BDO :headbang:

"Well, the new album is forging through. We'll finish it in May and it will come out in June. It sounds like torrential hellfire. It's just totally not what you think it is, and I love that." Drummer Lars Ulrich chimed in, "It's up to torrential hellfire now?" Hammett: "Yeah." Ulrich: "What was it before?" Hammett: "Inferno...before that, it was the best thing we've done this century."

:lol:

I'd really like to get into their output again, but dunno if it'll happen. If they can return to metal they're capable of whatever they want to achieve, but it might well end up being another half-arsed album. Listening to their 80s stuff just reminds me how far they've fallen. The black album was the start of the slide.

I love em still. I love all their albums.

But.

They were really never that great to begin with. Just average.

Lars is a bad drummer. Kirk is uninspired. James voice is crap live. Only the bassists kicked ass.

But their songs are good, from any era. Taking them all as metal, well no, Load and Reload aren't good, but as music, as rock, they are nice.

Except for Cure and Fuel. They suck.