someone recomend some bands with good vocalists.

id hardly call crowbar melodic.

bands with good vocalists - at the gates. all suggestions here are valid, despite what he currently listens to.

lindberg is far less praised by people on these boards than dio. it would be difficult to say he is overrated when i was the only one to suggest him.

<blood-dio> i put on my white boots and dragonslayer cape ...

:p

Lindberg is an annoying yelper who always sounded like he was on the brink of tears. Same with vocalists like Mikael Stanne and Anders "I'm Completely Worthless!" Friden....

ok, obviously you either;
1. dont know what yelping entails
2. havent heard much of any of those 3 vocalists. (excluding in flames 'stye' and 'rtr', as neither have i)

none of them yelp.
alexi laiho yelps (and other vocalists, but i thought id provide an example most would be familiar of.)

similarly i dont think any of them sound like they are on the brink of tears.
stanne sounds very sorrowful and vacant
anders changes his vocals from album to album, so its hard to really define his sound
lindberg sounds grievous, tormented, and bitter.

but they all posses a certain strength to their angst. not weakness, or defeatist.

anyhow, stop throwing your pride on the line for the magical mushroom. i dont care. if you are going to take my dislike for him so personally you are a fool.

misfit said:
2. havent heard much of any of those 3 vocalists. (excluding in flames 'stye' and 'rtr', as neither have i)

none of them yelp.
alexi laiho yelps (and other vocalists, but i thought id provide an example most would be familiar of.)

anders changes his vocals from album to album, so its hard to really define his sound

but they all posses a certain strength to their angst. not weakness, or defeatist.

anyhow, stop throwing your pride on the line for the magical mushroom. i dont care. if you are going to take my dislike for him so personally you are a fool.

No, I'm not talking about In Flames recent albums, I'm talking about albums like Whoracle and Jester Race. He sounds like a sobbing downsyndrome Fred Durst. Mikael Stanne's voice is annoying as hell, probably laden with effects, because when I saw them live he sounded completely different, struggling to sound even a little sepulchral. Thomas Lindberg is annoying as fuck (by his voice sounding painful and tormented do you mean he's getting rammed in the ass while he screams in a microphone?) and can't sing, since the creator of this thread was looking for singers this might be a problem.

misfit said:

none of them yelp.

Nicely said bro'. :yell: Heh, heh.