Sonata Arctica VS DragonForce

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dream Theater to me is boring BECAUSE from what i have heard, there is no catchy stuff to it. Its long, drawn out, and theres not alot there for me to enjoy. I like Transcending because they dont sound like Dream Theater to me, they dont sound all over the place, they sound structured. I like a band for their final sound, not how good they are as musicians, i could not give a flying fuck for that. And i have heard train of thought, MANY times over, and that was the last DT album i ever listened to, it pretty much killed DT as a possible band for me. It was alright, but nothing to grab on to or look forward to in their music.
Sometimes you gotta listen to the songs more than once and they start to become pretty catchy - I would rather have an awesome riff that I need to listen to a few times, getting stuck in my head, than a crap poppy riff getting stuck in my head after 1 listen.

But anyway, listen to some earlier Dream Theater rather than ToT and Octavarium, they have some really nice melodic sounds and good riffs and overall good songs, it is my favorite DT by far. Especially on Images and Words. The song 'Learning to Live' is full of awesome riffs. 'Surrounded' is another good one, a bit less "prog" than their usual offering. 'Pull me Under' is just like any good rock song except better and a bit longer. Their song crafting and song structure was much better in those days. Oh Metropolis Part 1, too. And also check out their song "A Change of Seasons" on its own EP. Sure a bit long (23 minutes) but particularly the guitar intro is really good.

Dream Theater to me is boring BECAUSE from what i have heard, there is no catchy stuff to it. Its long, drawn out, and theres not alot there for me to enjoy. I like Transcending because they dont sound like Dream Theater to me, they dont sound all over the place, they sound structured. I like a band for their final sound, not how good they are as musicians, i could not give a flying fuck for that. And i have heard train of thought, MANY times over, and that was the last DT album i ever listened to, it pretty much killed DT as a possible band for me. It was alright, but nothing to grab on to or look forward to in their music.

:OMG: WTF AGAIN !!, i dont see how u cant see a structure in their music, just because they may play different styles and genres in a same song doesnt mean their isnt a structure.As for musicianship, why are you listening to transcending for ?. I understand you like them because of their structure lol, but the transcending guys are awsome musicians who put their time and effort into becoming better musicians and unlike dragonforce know what their playing. Train of Thought is a album that was written by DT for the sole purpose of going a bit more mainstream and metal, and if a catchy tune or stucture is what u were looking for, you should of listening to the album a few more times, because out of the SO many times you listend to it you should of picked up on a big part such as STRUCTURE OF A SONG. i dnt wanna be a dick but seriously man, the music u listen to and the things you are writing are contradicting yourself.

Woah dude. There is no need to get so heated. He doesn't like Dream Theater and he has listened to them many many times as he said, it just didn't work for him. Who cares get over it move along, carrying on will just push him further away from ever one day appreciating Dream Theater.

Woah dude. There is no need to get so heated. He doesn't like Immortal and he has listened to them many many times as he said, it just didn't work for him. Who cares get over it move along, carrying on will just push him further away from ever one day appreciating Immortal.

Sounds familiar.........

Stormy should get stuck into Transatlantic me thinks..........

I liek what i like. I like Hammerfall - it sounds like powerchords to me, with power metal type vocals and the occasional awesome tune that isnt a solo. Its hard to explain myself seeing as i have not passed the skill barrier i need to be a good musician. DT are all over the place, with their sound. Ive listened them more than you think i have, and point is, they sound nothing like hammerfall or maiden, and i like those two bands mentioned alot better. So since all of you are musicians, probably think of yourselves as "legends", then go figure that out for me. Explain it for yourselves. I guess prog isnt my thing, and Josip is right, the wanker type attitude the lot of you seem to have isn't ever gonna make me like it. And fuk it, thats enough from me, im sick of arguing, bye.

I liek what i like. I like Hammerfall - it sounds like powerchords to me, with power metal type vocals and the occasional awesome tune that isnt a solo. Its hard to explain myself seeing as i have not passed the skill barrier i need to be a good musician. DT are all over the place, with their sound. Ive listened them more than you think i have, and point is, they sound nothing like hammerfall or maiden, and i like those two bands mentioned alot better. So since all of you are musicians, probably think of yourselves as "legends", then go figure that out for me. Explain it for yourselves. I guess prog isnt my thing, and Josip is right, the wanker type attitude the lot of you seem to have isn't ever gonna make me like it. And fuk it, thats enough from me, im sick of arguing, bye.

Dude, I wasn't disliking you for any of that. It's you opinion that's cool.

It's a bit rude of you saying because some of us as musicians that we think we are legends and have wanker attitudes, because quite frankly, I rate myself very low on the musician scale and don't wank off unless someone else wanks off first. :p

Ok. How about everyone stop arguing. Everyones entitled to their opinion, even though some may not like what people have to say.

I like every band mention. Haha. So. I see no reason for arguing. All bands have faults. Some more than others. Whooooo cares??

Dude you are the greatest troll ever! How do you come up with this stuff. It's pure genius!

For some real arguing i think it's time for a Dream Theater VS Symphony X or Romeo VS Petrucci poll!

I was gonna start that a few days ago just to be a shithead

And scott shutup, i love you. But seriously, the way you, and others talk, sounds like you's think you are better than anyone, and you put dragonforce down in every aspect, but fuck they'd kill me in a guitar duel. They'd even kill Ben in a guitar duel, and i look at Ben as some fucking god, or lord, or svaiour when it comes to guitar playing (yes i like stryper, and LORD). And i love sonata too, i just got Valley Of The Damned album by Dragonforce in my head and thats what i was basing my judgement on. I dislike most of the stuff on Inhuman Rampage, its all just bullshit fast fast fast and that it, but theirfirst album isnt like that. Its got faste/slow/medium, its better. If you havent heard it listen to it.