Song Meanings: Heir Apparent

Bush is the Anti-Christ. i wouldnt be suprised if the song was written about this piece of shit.

So we've got the meaning? The lyrics to Heir Apparent tell us of the user "Heir Apparent" on Ultimate Metal?

Then holy shit HA, you're an evil person. Go away. :(

müsli;7310622 said:
1. "political lyrics are crap" lol --> lennon, dylan

2. in this case i really do not think that the lyrics are in any way political. mike has clearly stated that the lyrics are very personal. Moreover: there is no sense in not publishing political lyrics. when you write political lyrics you want people to read the lyrics, think about it and have some influence on their thinking. you want to have some influence, otherwise there is no sense in writing political lyrics. in this case the lyrics would have been published in the booklet.

I agree, especially with the not publishing political lyrics. I think the analysis is great, it does make sense, but I doubt that's what Mike was going for. Also, Watershed seems themed in my opinion. I don't think if Heir was about G.W. that this song would fit the overall theme. But, hey I could be wrong.

Wow, that makes so much sense. I just listened to the song for the 50th time, this time while reading the lyrics, and it gave me chills.

Interesting hypothesis. Just listened to it and read the lyrics again.

However, this song could just be fictional about a 'king' or 'prince'.

I do see the resemblance to Bush, though.

müsli;7310622 said:
1. "political lyrics are crap" lol --> lennon, dylan

2. in this case i really do not think that the lyrics are in any way political. mike has clearly stated that the lyrics are very personal. Moreover: there is no sense in not publishing political lyrics. when you write political lyrics you want people to read the lyrics, think about it and have some influence on their thinking. you want to have some influence, otherwise there is no sense in writing political lyrics. in this case the lyrics would have been published in the booklet.

I agree with you. However, you can't deny that it fits with his George W. Bush theory.

If it is about that, then I've lost much respect for Mike as a lyricist. Politics are retarded, everybody knows that all politicians are liars, hypocrites, etc. To write lyrics about shit like that is just stupid.

ja, it fits. i think it is really a interesting interpretation of the song. i really appreciate that people post their ideas and thoughts on the new album and discuss them.
however, i think it is not a fitting interprtation (mikes words, the booklet and also the "concept" of the artwork). but actually i have to state, that i have not got a better one

"His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams no more"

are you sure this sentence can be said about the president of the united states? i think (hope) its something more personal

but hey, really cool interpretation

Long days
Slow waste
Sew lies
Sow hate

So many years to clean the slate
Endless despair within its wake
His touch soiling what used to be clean
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams no more

Now came
Dark days

And again he rides in, it's September and he covets the gullible
Skeletal wish
Hunter
A thousand lies, cast from the throne of secrecy

Hear him spewing forth meaning to miserable lies
See the twisted hand of doubt seal the affair
The insect trust
Believer
Your body a vehicle to ?

Pearls before swine they are nothing but blind
Submit to nothing and swallow my spit of scorn
Invisible king
Dying
Procession of woe, struck down by sorrow
A burden so great weighs heavy on old and withered beliefs
The swift solution crumbles beneath the mock notes of a masterpiece
Death in his eyes
Waiting
Spiralling judgement, provoked in the rains

This futile test drowned in the levee of deception

In the year of his sovereign
Rid us of your judgement
Heir apparent

This is how far i can get with the lyrics, only those 1 or 2 last words....

While I definitely see how you could interpret 'Heir Apparent' to be political (albeit in a very nebulous way), I really hope it isn't, and I don't think it is. As someone else said, if you wrote a political song, you wouldn't keep it to yourself and say, 'It's too personal,' you'd want to share it with everyone. That's the point, isn't it? I guess rather that this song is about something that Mike experienced, told in a somewhat (darkly) fanciful way. It is certainly an awesome lyric.

Thanks for the updated lyric, horned_reaper. Good job!

While I definitely see how you could interpret 'Heir Apparent' to be political (albeit in a very nebulous way), I really hope it isn't, and I don't think it is. As someone else said, if you wrote a political song, you wouldn't keep it to yourself and say, 'It's too personal,' you'd want to share it with everyone. That's the point, isn't it? I guess rather that this song is about something that Mike experienced, told in a somewhat (darkly) fanciful way. It is certainly an awesome lyric.

Thanks for the updated lyric, horned_reaper. Good job!

Exactly what I was thinking.

regarding the missing lyrics, I would agree that it is

? days
? waste
? lies
? hate

? days (2x)

I agree that it sounds like Long days, slow waste, sow lies, sow hate, but I'm clueless for the second part.

Sorry people im confused. So basically whats going on is that even though people have deciphered the codes from both the regular edition and the SE, theres still lines missing from the lyrics? Strange...

So maybe it wasn't written with influence from Bush. But it's like the Stairway to Heaven satan part - maybe they didn't intend it to be there, but once someone points it out, it's there. In the year of his sovereign, rid us of your judgement, HEIR APPARENT.

Yeah, Sweden doesn't care about world politics at all. You guys are right - if you don't live in America, don't worry about Bush. And if you don't like politics, don't worry about them! And if you think all politicians are liars and thieves, just hum that mantra to yourself when an ESPECIALLY bad one comes along. Nothing to see here in America. Go out and consume.

This thread is loaded with the most stupid fucking insular, parochial and abominably ignorant posts I've seen made on a forum board.

If you live in this world you, your families and your country are all affected by world politics. To my knowledge Sweden is a country residing on planet earth so I think it's safe to say that, Mikael, being an intelligent man, would be concerned about the Bush admin.

Go to the library or something you silly children.

Yeah, Sweden doesn't care about world politics at all. You guys are right - if you don't live in America, don't worry about Bush. And if you don't like politics, don't worry about them! And if you think all politicians are liars and thieves, just hum that mantra to yourself when an ESPECIALLY bad one comes along. Nothing to see here in America. Go out and consume.

:lol:

Kudos to Illidan for the observation and for the laugh*