Song Survivor - Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky round 1

Vote for the 2 weakest tracks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only established liar here is you.

Implication being he can't think Darkness Descends is one of the best metal albums while simultaneously not being influenced by them? This is just more of your warped perception and lying in order to make a point.

What did I lie about?

Yeah so he finds the album hugely important to him, considers it a favorite, and it has clearly-shared musical elements in common with his own writing, but it's not in any way an influence. lmao

btw how many times do i have to point out that just because a band/musician was influenced by someone else doesn't mean you hear it in their music. HBB is trying to connect dots like a 5th grader right here

I heard the influence first. Then when you and CIG denied it, I dug up an interview to suggest that at least others of the time had heard it as well. Unlike you guys I listen to music, not interviews.

What did I lie about?

Yeah so he finds the album hugely important to him, considers it a favorite, and it has clearly-shared musical elements in common with his own writing, but it's not in any way an influence. lmao
again, are you implying that just because they were influenced by some other musician, that it automatically bleeds into the composition of their music? :lol:

March 1985

1985 live bootleg.

What did I lie about?

He said comparing his band to Dark Angel was ridiculous, he didn't say they didn't inspire him at any point nor did he disown them. Lies, as usual, from a warped mind.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I heard the influence first. Then when you and CIG denied it, I dug up an interview to suggest that at least others of the time had heard it as well. Unlike you guys I listen to music, not interviews.
the only thing i denied is there being any Dark Angel anywhere on that record. And you still haven't proven me or anyone else here wrong. I said not one word about who influenced by who. Even was the first person to point out that DD is one of his favorite records, ya lying schmuck.

BUT ITS MA VIA DARK ANGEL VIA MOTORHEAD VIA BLACK SABBATH VIA YOUR MOM

He said comparing his band to Dark Angel was ridiculous, he didn't say they didn't inspire him at any point nor did he disown them. Lies, as usual, from a warped mind.

"That's absurd, how could somebody compare me to one of my favorite and most inspirational bands?!"

No one would respond in that way unless they 1) genuinely had no interest in or influence from the band in question, or 2) were putting on airs for anti-thrash, black metal cred.

So do you at least admit now that the specific riff in question bares similarity to certain Dark Angel riffs?

That interview where Fenriz disowns Dark Angel (scoffs at his band being compared to them) was conducted in 1990 either right after the release of Soulside Journey or during the recording process when they were still promoting their Cromlech demo. So your example of Fenriz seemingly contradicting himself on Dark Angel is another lie or twisted fact for you to make a point, unless you think Soulside Journey era Darkthrone is also taking riffs from Dark Angel?

That interview where Fenriz disowns Dark Angel (scoffs at his band being compared to them) was conducted in 1990 either right after the re;ease of Soulside Journey or during the recording process when they were still promoting their Cromlech demo. So your example of Fenriz seemingly contradicting himself on Dark Angel is another lie or twisted fact for you to make a point, unless you think Soulside Journey era Darkthrone is also taking riffs from Dark Angel?

Yes, I'm sure he completely changed his mind when recording the next year's album, which just so happens to be the transitional album where he repeatedly claims he began abandoning death metal for black metal. It's the retrospective 10-years-later interview that is the more accurate one, yes, of course.

You don't even know what a lie is. Must be a side-effect of repeatedly promising your bastard son a trip to the park on the weekend and never delivering.

He (Fenriz) said it was ridiculous to compare their band CIRCA 1990 to Dark Angel. As usual with HBB he omits context and twists shit to fit his dogshit autistic dishonest narrative. You referenced that interview as if it related to Darkthrone's black metal material.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Soulside Journey Darkthrone, like every other death metal band was built off thrash riffs. So all HBB is basically saying is that thrash metal inspired death metal and black metal ... like everyone here doesn't already know that

It's established as part of the development of Darkthrone that they were just into tight death metal in the late 80's up until abandoning Goatlord. Fenriz has said in many interviews that they got bored with the over-saturation of death metal in 1990 and he started digging backwards into heavy metal, speed metal and thrash metal and this lead to him switching up the goals of Darkthrone. Given that, it makes perfect sense for him to scoff at being compared to Dark Angel in 1990 and disliking thrash metal in 1990, because that was before he had a total change of mind about metal itself. His claim of Darkness Descends being a favourite album of his comes much much later in the timeline of interviews.