Song Survivor - Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick round 1

Vote for the 3 weakest tracks on Blessed are the Sick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
calm down? dude im going nuts, i just smashed up my keyboard and punched in a few walls.

And yea we did one on Altars, check out the stickied Song Survivor Master List thread
Covenant should be really interesting. I'm not really sure if people can actually choose between, say, Rapture and God of Emptiness.

You know what doesn't make sense to me? When the same people who say they dislike Domination, say that the one song on Covenant that clearly linked those two albums together and sounds like it belonged on Domination, is one of the best songs on the album. Amazing.

yea that's going to be a hard one, but God of Emptiness is going to be the first song i vote for. That album is nothing but near perfect songs except for that one

Blood On My Hands is the best track on there imo.
I'd go for either Sworn to the Black or Lion's Den myself. I wouldn't really call God of Emptiness the worst track though. It works well as a closer and is one of the more inspired moments on the album.

You know what doesn't make sense to me? When the same people who say they dislike Domination, say that the one song on Covenant that clearly linked those two albums together and sounds like it belonged on Domination, is one of the best songs on the album. Amazing.
Domination is an excellent album, only hindered by a slightly weaker vocal delivery. The riffing is marvelous. The soloing is probably the best on any Morbid Angel album.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Slightly weaker vocal delivery!? They’re pretty bad, especially considering who is performing them. They lack any sort of power or conviction. I don’t hate Domination, I just don’t think it’s a good album either. Some cool solos and riffs here and there, but it’s definitely Morbid Angel at their most uninspired (by that point in their career anyway). It’s easily better than Illud and Heretic and about on par with Gateways I’d say.

Slightly weaker vocal delivery!? They’re pretty bad, especially considering who is performing them. They lack any sort of power or conviction. I don’t hate Domination, I just don’t think it’s a good album either. Some cool solos and riffs here and there, but it’s definitely Morbid Angel at their most uninspired (by that point in their career anyway). It’s easily better than Illud and Heretic and about on par with Gateways I’d say.
The compositions are pretty interesting to me. Eyes to See, Nothing but Fear, Dawn of the Angry, This Means War and Inquisition are all really great tracks; the riffing and pace is great. The solos on all those songs are outstanding - not counting the famous Slime one. Rutan also wrote some really great riffs and solos, especially the outro of Nothing. Beautiful stuff.

Even if Vincent's vocals weren't the best, the album shows the band trying new things and for the most part, they worked.