Song that got you into Swano?

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
With me it was Uncreation. I had heard The Big Sleep and some EOS before and was impressed, but this song just blew me away, with those great keyboards and the superb contrast between them and the vocals, and of course that beautiful guitar line midway through!

Loosing myself!

The rest of that album is not EOS at it`s best , except for 2-3 more songs...

Then again , it was Nightingale that really got me going! Those three albums are my most precious items. I love every second of each one of them. They simply rule. That goes for Dan aswell. It seems like every album/project he has been involved in rocks my world. Haven`t got hold of all his released albums yet though...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Of all of the lies I`ve been told , "we love you" must be the worst
-------------------------------------------------------------

NP: Nightingale - The Breathing shadow - Lesson in evil:heh:

It was Uncreation for me too, I'd heard some EoS stuff, but after that song blew me away I simply had to get my hands on more Swanö music.

i cant remember :confused: , i downloaded loads of his stuff to see which album/band i should buy, couldnt find any of his stuff, so i settled for deaths design, and its wow. anyway, i found more of his stuff in old record shops later on. which is nice.:D

A friend played me a couple of EoS CDs at a party dont remember which ones....then i bought The Spectral Sorrows and have been a devoted fan since.:)
jAY

I loved Blood of my Enemies and thats when i learned about the self proclaimed "Kings of Metal" MANOWAR:headbang:
Black Wind, Fire and Steel to the Death :lol:

Well, I had heard some early EoS material before, but Crimson it was that eventually got me.

BTW, at first listenings, I thought that some riff from Crimson was "stolen" from Sentenced, but nowadays I just can't connect them - anyone else ever thought this way?

-Villain

I have never "gotten into" Dan Swanö,
cause I didn't know he existed! >:eek:)
But when this board arrived I soon got
to know. Anyways...
Diabolical Masquerade is my favourite
band that Dan Swanö is in, and the
first album I heard by them was Death's
Design (the version with 19 movements).
I can't pick one song from that album...
All the tracks belong together, and can only
be listened to with all the other songs.... :eek:)

There was actually no any special song that made me a Dan fan. I read some reviews and bought "Purgatory Afterglow". But the first song, "Twilight" made a huge impression on me.. I got my IRC nick from the song and so on.

I think the first Swano I heard was the Moontower mp3s I downloaded from some monster server a year ago. I never gave it much of a listen and I did away with the files.

Then that bastard Jim Raggi of LotFP went on a rant about "I" and I decided that from the description it was worth the ten bucks to check it out. And I absolutely love the album. TBS and TCC are excellent as well. Now I'm going to have to get to the Moontower disc and some other Swano related material.

I'm really interested in checking out the Unicorn material but from what I know its not available at the present time, if at all. And of course I need to go delve into all that is Edge of Sanity and Pan-Thy-Monium. Only this is: where to start....

Anyhow...Swano is damn good and I'm glad I was exposed to his works. I look forward to more and more from this man. Anyone who's putting out music as diverse as his with the list of influences he cites is worth keeping tabs on in my eyes.

NP: Marillion - Anoraknophobia