Songs or albums?

Katatonia is generally a pretty song-based band I think, but Porcupine Tree for instance is more an 'album' band, especially their more recent albums.

I agree with you definitely. If I ever get up the urge to listen to PT, I have to soak up a lot of their music. Something about their sound just isn't doing it for me any more. I'll have to revisit some of their stuff again.

I actually prefer Blackfield to PT any more. Is that weird?

I have every album I own on my mp3 player, and I put it on random in my vehicle, and I usually listen to random downloaded songs at home. However, I usually put on a whole album before I goto sleep. I also occasionally have a drink and sit back and listen to whole albums. Things will change soon, when I get my first vinyls in. I'll be listening to full albums more often, like I used to.

I almost always start listening to an album from the first track and intend to listen to the whole album but sometime stuff prevents me from listening right to the end. Like I have to go to work or sleep or I was listening in the car / train and got to wherever I was going. Or I randomly really need to listen to another band.

I don't like shuffle. The only time I use it is when I am driving to the snow. I have a CD that has 3-4 songs I really like by about 20 different bands on it (but no Tool). Its kind of like Eve radio.

I like to listen to the singles better since there are so many great bands out there and so little time ...but there are a few albums that I usually give a spin at least once or twice a week ...(Megadeth-Cryptic Writings , Immortal-Blizzard Beasts , Necrophagia -Holocausto De La Morte, Nomans Land-Hammerfrost ,Amber Asylum -Frozen in amber etc )

When I listen from my ipod I listen usually to full albums and if I dont have time to listen the whole album and I have to stop I just continue listening it after I got time again. And when Im in home I mostly listen with shufle on, albums too pretty often but not as often as randomly.

Mostly I listen to whole albums. But not all the time, but mostly. I think that if you have a really good album, there isn't many things that you can compare to the overall feeling you get from that. And ESPECIALLY if you recognize yourself in the lyrics. Like, in the lyrics of Katatonia, we all probably do. =)